Odeka.online is a scam website that was created with the primary goal of committing the web users to its online frauds. It often pretends as a virus alert or system warning, which shows reports about supposed virus infection, hack attack, and privacy leak. Keep in mind that Odeka.online is not a legit security website. It is just one of the many sites that cyber crooks are using to mislead web users in order to force them to purchase a recommended program of call a technical support specialist.
The Odeka.online notification
Apart from offering security software and services, this suspicious site is also aiming on hijacking the web notification. This is the reason why web users are seeing messages such as “Odeka.online wants to show notifications.” Though this is a typical pop-up, web users must remember that permitting the request from a suspicious site such as Odeka.online may harm the computer and could be the basis for virus contamination.
In the case that the web user allows this website to access the push notification of the browser, several annoyances are expected to arise right away. Odeka.online will start bombarding the browser window with excessive pop-up advertisements. Sadly, these ads are not the usual ones because it often contains links that may drive the browser to a harmful site.
Getting rid of Odeka.online pop-up
The immediate remedy to stop the pop-up is to delete the said URL from the browser configuration. The procedures are clearly outlined in the next section. If the said method is insufficient and Odeka.online pop-up keeps on appearing, we highly recommend scanning the computer with powerful virus and malware removal tools.
|Initial pop-up goal||Displays phony pop-up alerts and warnings stating that computer is infected with a virus. Then, Odeka.online is going to offer a solution like downloading the recommended software or availing of an online technical support service.|
|Website purpose||To extort money from their victims using misleading detection of virus, malware, or system issues. This site promotes security and optimization program as well as technical support services that are both rip off.|
|Current IP address||220.127.116.11|
Steps to remove Odeka.online pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Odeka.online. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Odeka.online are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Odeka.online pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Odeka.online from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Odeka.online from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Odeka.online.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Odeka.online list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Odeka.online from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Odeka.online on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Odeka.online entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Odeka.online pop-up is gone.
Remove Odeka.online from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Odeka.online.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Odeka.online pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Odeka.online on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Odeka.online from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Odeka.online pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Odeka.online from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Odeka.online automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Odeka.online that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Odeka.online.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Odeka.online and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Odeka.online on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Odeka.online.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Odeka.online.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Odeka.online from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Odeka.online. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Odeka.online.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Odeka.online.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Odeka.online is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.