Obsessionthree.com is a domain or web address that cyber crooks are using to deploy different kinds of potentially unwanted program (PUP). It targets web users that are fond of online gaming and those that love to download free games. Obsessionthree.com specifically promotes malicious browser extensions including ClickSportSearches, DirectConverterz, SocialCouponSearch, and many more. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to get rid of the pop-up to avoid further computer contamination. Also, web users must learn the methods of avoiding this threat by reading the rest of this article.
The Obsessionthree.com redirects
Normally, web user’s visit to Obsessionthree.com is unintentional. They are redirected to the questionable website when visiting aggressive sites that runs rerouting scripts as part of their monetary scheme called traffic referrals. There are also cases that the browser is redirected automatically to Obsessionthree.com if an adware is controlling its operation. It could be that relevant browser extension is already present and it commands the redirect routine each time web user is online.
The browser being redirected to Obsessionthree.com is a sign of imminent threat because as mentioned, this web address is promoting different types of internet software extension claiming that it enhances online browsing and the search experience of users. But in reality, the adware wants to sniff on a web user’s browsing habits and logs several data like search keywords, visited pages, favorite websites, and so on.
Causes of Obsessionthree.com pop-up
One reason why web users are experiencing the redirects and pop-ups is due to scripts that Obsessionthree.com has inflicted on the browser. In addition, an unwanted browser extension is dominating the browser and causes such redirects and pop-ups.
If the internet browser application keeps on redirecting to Obsessionthree.com, it is a sign that web user needs to act promptly and scan the computer with valid and effective anti-virus and anti-malware tools. Suspicious browser module that initiates the redirect needs to be eliminated as quickly as possible to avoid further harm. Guide to accomplish the proper removal of Obsessionthree.com is outlined below.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Obsessionthree.com will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||22.214.171.124|
Obsessionthree.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of pop-up and redirect adware like Obsessionthree.com through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Obsessionthree.com, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Obsessionthree.com redirect including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Get rid of Obsessionthree.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Normally, Obsessionthree.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Obsessionthree.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Obsessionthree.com from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Obsessionthree.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Obsessionthree.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Obsessionthree.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Obsessionthree.com pop-up on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Obsessionthree.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Obsessionthree.com pop-up is gone.
Remove Obsessionthree.com from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Obsessionthree.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Obsessionthree.com pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Obsessionthree.com from Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
5. Find and select Obsessionthree.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
6. You may now restart Edge browser.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of codes causing Obsessionthree.com to show up on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Obsessionthree.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Obsessionthree.com pop-ups.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 3 : Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted applications are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet software. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Obsessionthree.com.
For Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find suspicious browser extension and Remove it from Google Chrome.
4. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is suspicious and may be relevant to Obsessionthree.com. Click Remove to delete it from Mozilla Firefox.
For Internet Explorer (Uninstall For Edge Browser)
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable suspicious entries from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Obsessionthree.com is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select any distrustful item or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Please restart the computer to complete the uninstall procedure.
Step 4 : Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Obsessionthree.com
Not all browser threats are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instance, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Obsessionthree.com is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Obsessionthree.com
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Obsessionthree.com, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Obsessionthree.com and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Obsessionthree.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.