Masstech.info is a kind of browser redirect adware that is presently targeting popular internet software. It incorporates a malicious link Portal.Masstech.info and replaces the current default setting of the infected browser with this URL. Masstech.info is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and is under the classification of the browser hijacker. It modifies browser’s settings by assigning a different URL as the new default homepage and search tool. Web users were forced to open the hijacker’s web page, which voluntarily perform the browser-related activities.
The risks of having Masstech.info
Browser redirects like Masstech.info often considered as a PUP since it gets installed on the computer without the intention of the web user. It can infiltrate through computers unknowingly by integrating with other applications for installation. After the successful intrusion, Masstech.info will start to spy on the operating system and targets the web browser. Aside from hijacking, the developers designed unwanted programs to collect information related to the browsing habits of online users.
Usually, Masstech.info aims to track IP address, geographical location of web users, search queries, web addresses of visited pages, and any other browsing-related details. Similarly, it could also track and record sensitive information about web users. What is a worse, Masstech.info developer intends to sell the data to cyber criminals who misuse it to generate revenue. Therefore, an installation of Masstech.info could lead to serious privacy issues and risk of browsing safety.
Ads by Masstech.info
Similar to Obsessionthree.com and Loopanews.com, this unusual website also intends to deploy intrusive advertisements and browser redirects. Ads generated by Masstech.info possibly endorse scams or fake updates. Clicking redirects or pop-ups can connect web users with different dubious websites. In addition, there are advertisements that can execute script to install other unwanted program.
PUP and adware normally comes from software bundles available on unofficial download sites. Such bundled software is typically free of charge. Freeware usually includes online games, free tools, or false software updates. Certain applications offer Masstech.info as an extra program for installation. Agreeing without carefully checking could result to the intrusion of unwanted programs.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Masstech.info will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||184.108.40.206|
Steps to remove Masstech.info pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Masstech.info. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Masstech.info are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Masstech.info pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Masstech.info from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Masstech.info from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Masstech.info.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Masstech.info list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Masstech.info from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Masstech.info on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Masstech.info entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Masstech.info pop-up is gone.
Remove Masstech.info from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Masstech.info.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Masstech.info pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Masstech.info on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Masstech.info from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Masstech.info pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Masstech.info from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Masstech.info automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Masstech.info that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Masstech.info.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Masstech.info and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Masstech.info on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Masstech.info.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Masstech.info.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Masstech.info from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Masstech.info. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Masstech.info.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Masstech.info.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Masstech.info is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.