The website Maincaptcha.top is now complicit in a fraudulent advertising campaign technique that directs people to dubious websites. This kind of aggressive website frequently obtains permission for the push notification capability and abuses it to offer an aggressive style of pop-up ads. Remember that Maincaptcha.top advertising frequently contain links leading to harmful websites; as a result, avoid clicking on the link to visit undesired websites and prevent unintentional virus downloads.
Why am I seeing Maincaptcha.top?
Visiting dubious websites that initiate a browser redirect frequently results in the initial visit to the aforementioned page. When a user first visits Maincaptcha.top, a notice stating that notifications should be shown in the browser will appear. If this request is granted, the browser’s push notification function will be abused. When website visitors click the ALLOW button, pop-up ads from Maincaptcha.top will begin to appear. As long as the aforementioned website is whitelisted on the internet browser software, this will continue to appear.
In addition to the first message asking to deliver push notifications, Maincaptcha.top may also show further deceptive messages to ask for web users’ approval. The following are some of the pop-up messages that will appear on the screen:
- Click Allow to prove that you are not a robot.
- Continue browsing the web, first, click Allow.
- Click Allow to continue.
- To watch the video, please click Allow.
- To close this window, click Allow button.
Maincaptcha.top pop-up ads
Because this website’s whole marketing is obtained from an unreliable ad network, its advertising scheme functioning is odd. The bulk of it did not undergo a safety assessment, which implies that some of it, especially the recommended applications, might be dangerous to computers. Additionally, advertisements from Maincaptcha.top may send the browser to undesirable landing pages that include adware, spyware, or computer infections. In order to prevent Maincaptcha.top pop-up advertising, it is advised to remove the URL from the browser’s settings. Please refer to the next section for a detailed guide.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Maincaptcha.top will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||22.214.171.124|
Steps to remove Maincaptcha.top pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Maincaptcha.top. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Maincaptcha.top are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Maincaptcha.top pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Maincaptcha.top from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Maincaptcha.top from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Maincaptcha.top.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Maincaptcha.top list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Maincaptcha.top from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Maincaptcha.top on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Maincaptcha.top entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Maincaptcha.top pop-up is gone.
Remove Maincaptcha.top from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Maincaptcha.top.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Maincaptcha.top pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Maincaptcha.top on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Maincaptcha.top from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Maincaptcha.top pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Maincaptcha.top from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Maincaptcha.top automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Maincaptcha.top that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Maincaptcha.top.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Maincaptcha.top and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Maincaptcha.top on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Maincaptcha.top.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Maincaptcha.top.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Maincaptcha.top from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Maincaptcha.top. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Maincaptcha.top.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Maincaptcha.top.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Maincaptcha.top is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.