Mac4Coupon is an adware that can annoy computer users with excessive display of ads. Naturally, this unwanted program will get inside PC and Mac systems unknown to user. It comes uninvited with a program you have intentionally downloaded from the Internet. In other terms, bundling Mac4Coupon adware to free program is the trick being used by adware authors. Although, the adware doesn’t live by this technique alone as it may use other ways like spreading links to social media sites and spam emails.
Most of the victims that have acquired Mac4Coupon are those careless Internet users. The only difference is this adware focuses more on Mac users just like its clone known as MacSaleApp and ExtraMacDeal. However, they are not the only one need to be aware of Mac4Coupon, because the adware also affects PC users as well.
Once Mac4Coupon adware penetrates the system, you will begin to see browser changes right away. There are strange things happening while you surf online shopping sites. Mac4Coupon ads will appear containing a number of coupons that are relevant to your interest. Clicking on this number will expand the offer showing various links, coupons, discounts, and savings for a related product.
It appears that Mac4Coupon is worthy of being on the browser saving you time looking for online discounts. However, it is reported that adware authors are utilizing this service to direct web browsers to risky web sites. This leads to infection of adware once site is visited.
Online Security Scanner Report for mac4coupon.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Sept. 15, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Sept. 15, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Sept. 15, 2014|
How to Remove Mac4Coupon Adware from PC
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Mac4Coupon
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Mac4Coupon entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Mac4Coupon. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Mac4Coupon from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Mac4Coupon on the affected browser.
Procedures to Remove Mac4Coupon Adware from Mac
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Mac4Coupon
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the procedure depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Tools menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Mac4Coupon, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed Mac4Coupon
1. Navigate to the location given below and move the item to the Trash.
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the Mac4Coupon to be present on your Mac.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download the TSMART tool from this link:
Click here to download TSMART (this will open a new window)
2. Run Adware Removal Tool for Mac. It will check for updates and download if there is most recent version.
3. If it prompts to close all opened web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. The tool will begin to scan the system and remove any adware it finds. Please note that identified malicious items are moved to Trash so that you can still recover if it mistakenly deleted valid files.
5. If everything is well, please Empty the Trash to totally get rid of Mac4Coupon.