Kretadi.live is another inclusion to the long list of misleading websites that pretends as an online virus scanner. The actual objective of the site is to deceive the web users and make them believe that the computer is infected with viruses. In some instances, Kretadi.live states that the presence of spyware could lead to identity theft and stolen user name and password. Internet users must know that every content from Kretadi.live is phony and it must be ignored completely.
Why am I seeing Kretadi.live?
Actually, the web users visit to this website is purely unintentional. They were diverted to this website while viewing pages that could be associated with movie, software, or audio piracy. Some instances of the redirects are also attributed to suspicious online file converter.
During the initial visit to Kretadi.live website, web users will be greeted with a prompt stating that “Kretadi.live wants to show notifications”. This request denotes that the site is aiming to access the web notification feature and in fact, it may display other deceitful messages just to acquire the permission of internet users.
The moment that Kretadi.live was able to obtain the access to push notification, it is going to deliver relentless pop-up advertisements. Be careful not to access the ads because it contains links that may land the browser to sites, which hosts malware, viruses, or adware.
The Kretadi.live pop-up scam
As shown in the image above, the majority of the pages are misleading pop-up that masked as an online virus scan. The goal of this scheme is to convince the web user to download a recommended program. Bear in mind that the supposed scanner/cleaner is a rogue tool. Aside from being useless, web users will be charged for a hefty sum of money for downloading the application.
Overall, it is crucial to stop the Kretadi.live pop-up as soon as possible. Doing so will eliminate further harm on the computer. Complete guide to remove the pop-up is outlined on the next segment.
|Initial pop-up goal||Displays phony pop-up alerts and warnings stating that computer is infected with a virus. Then, Kretadi.live is going to offer a solution like downloading the recommended software or availing of an online technical support service.|
|Website purpose||To extort money from their victims using misleading detection of virus, malware, or system issues. This site promotes security and optimization program as well as technical support services that are both rip off.|
|Current IP address||184.108.40.206|
Steps to remove Kretadi.live pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Kretadi.live. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Kretadi.live are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Kretadi.live pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Kretadi.live from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Kretadi.live from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Kretadi.live.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Kretadi.live list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Kretadi.live from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Kretadi.live on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Kretadi.live entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Kretadi.live pop-up is gone.
Remove Kretadi.live from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Kretadi.live.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Kretadi.live pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Kretadi.live on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Kretadi.live from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Kretadi.live pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Kretadi.live from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Kretadi.live automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Kretadi.live that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Kretadi.live.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Kretadi.live and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Kretadi.live on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Kretadi.live.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Kretadi.live.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Kretadi.live from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Kretadi.live. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Kretadi.live.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Kretadi.live.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Kretadi.live is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.