Jioer.pro is a suspicious website that is known to be under the control of hackers and cyber fraudsters. It is being utilized to distribute different types of threats including counterfeit optimization tools, fake security apps, and bogus software update. Aside from the pop-ups, Jioer.pro is targeting the push notification feature on every internet browser application. Therefore, it is going to greet web visitors with different kinds of misleading pop-ups in order to get permission to have Jioer.pro listed as a trusted site that can send notifications on the browser program.
If Jioer.pro was able to deceive users and authorization is given to Jioer.pro website, people behind it will utilize the said feature to transmit pop-up advertisements that usually contains links to undesirable websites. The intended destination pages are frequently fraudulent site that aims on swindling users and take their money with little effort. For example, the site will prompt that errors were identified on the computer and user needs to buy a program that is able to fix it.
As mentioned, many web users are tricked into allowing the push notification feature because Jioer.pro is issuing misleading pop-up messages including the following:
- Click allow to confirm you are not a robot
- Click the allow button to close this page
- Press allow to watch the video
- Click allow to close this page
- Clinking the allow button is required to continue
- To access the website content, click Allow!
No matter what message you encounter, as long as it arises from Jioer.pro, the best way to do is cease browser operation and start scanning the computer with legitimate anti-virus tools. For users with technical knowledge, deleting the entry of Jioer.pro from browser configuration may stop the pop-up. However, we still recommend double-checking the computer for presence of adware by thoroughly scanning the system with provided virus and malware removal tools.
Steps to remove Jioer.pro pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Jioer.pro. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Jioer.pro are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Jioer.pro pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Jioer.pro from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Jioer.pro from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Jioer.pro.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Jioer.pro list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Jioer.pro from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Jioer.pro on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Jioer.pro entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Jioer.pro pop-up is gone.
Remove Jioer.pro from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Jioer.pro.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Jioer.pro pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Jioer.pro on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Jioer.pro from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Jioer.pro pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Jioer.pro from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Jioer.pro automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Jioer.pro that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Jioer.pro.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Jioer.pro and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Jioer.pro on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Jioer.pro.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Jioer.pro.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Jioer.pro from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Jioer.pro. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Jioer.pro.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Jioer.pro.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Jioer.pro is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.