Xbit Tool Pro claims that it is an award-winning PC protection tool. Official website also asserts that millions of computer users worldwide trust the program. Obviously, this claim does not come with valid proof and in fact, other adaptation of Xbit Tool Pro is promoted in the same method. Auto System Speedup, Qbit PC Speedup, and Advance PC Protector are just some of the rogue tool from the same group that uses identical misleading scheme to swindle users.
Creators of Xbit Tool Pro use two successful methods to deploy this malware. First, the counterfeit tool is promoted via malicious advertising campaign in which user’s browser are redirected to fake online scanner website that initiates scan on visitor’s computer. Then, it will display false information about detection of various issues. The dubious website prompts web users to download Xbit Tool Pro and suggest that this is the only solution in resolving identified computer problems.
Another method to deploy Xbit Tool Pro is through software bundling deception. This fake security and system optimizer tool is bundled to free downloadable apps that masquerade as worthy program like free utility, media player, download manager, software update, and so on. When user installs the freeware, it also discretely initializes Xbit Tool Pro on the computer.
Once successfully installed, this creation by cyber criminals will run a local system scan and abruptly advice users to repair issues by purchasing the registered version of Xbit Tool Pro. To further scare victims, there will be frequent pop-ups of fake warnings and alert messages stating the same detection and proposal to remove the unwanted objects from PC.
Buying Xbit Tool Pro is a total waste of money. Bear in mind that the scans are just simulation and issues it identifies do not exist on the computer at all. As mentioned, rogue tool are employing scare tactics to persuade users into purchasing the useless product. The only solution to this kind of trouble is to remove Xbit Tool Pro as soon as possible. Systematic way to proceed and effectively get rid of the threat is provided below.
Xbit Tool Pro Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Xbit Tool Pro from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Xbit Tool Pro from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Xbit Tool Pro and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Xbit Tool Pro using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Xbit Tool Pro . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Xbit Tool Pro entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Xbit Tool Pro have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Xbit Tool Pro.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.