WebCake is a collection of add-on that is meant for browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Most computer users who came across with this program think that WebCake is a virus. Technically, this browser add-on is an adware. It may spread and break into the computer just like how virus does, but its core component was simply made to show advertisements and inject certain functions on the browser. Here are some of the browser features that WebCake promises to give users better browsing experience.
WebCake Compare is a browser add-on that gives you best possible way to compare prices for hotels, flights, products, services, and other items. WebCake Compare claim to offer the lowest rates and the highest quality products and services where you can choose from.
While on online shopping, coupons, discount and other offers will pop-up just in time when you need it. This is WebCake Deals’ way of helping online shopper to find the best deals. Additionally, WebCake Deals shows only offers that are relevant to your interest because it works silently in the background monitoring your search terms and phrases. Gathered data will be sent to the server and it gives instant deals similar to your queries.
Any text you highlight on a webpage can be search through Google, Wikipedia, Dictionary, and Youtube via WebCake Inline. Once you highlight a word or phrase, WebCake Inline opens a tiny menu containing icons for the said web sites. Once you select desired icon, your browser will open a new window of that site showing relevant contents of the highlighted item.
This tool shows similar topics for your queries while browsing the Internet or searching for products and services online. WebCake Related is using a complex search algorithm to give you the best relevant web sites and links that closely match your search queries. Best thing, WebCake Inline doesn’t interfere with your browser’s view because it uses a sidebar to display its contents.
WebCake Review features a trust rating that was built from user’s feedback. It is utilizing third party rating system that is safe and reliable. WebCake Review intends to help web user to find the most trusted places on the web. This active rating system also helps web surfers to stay away from bogus and suspicious web sites.
WebCake Search is a browser add-on that integrates a search bar right inside the browser. It serves like your personal search assistant that gives search results for known sites like eBay, Youtube, Twitter, and Flicker. WebCake Search is using a Search Enhancer mechanism that connects to multiple top web sites to reveal links that closely matches your search terms.
How does WebCake get installed on the computer?
WebCake add-on can be added to the browser when a free program intended to spread it is installed on the computer. Users may obtain this program from various web site including popular ones. WebCake is not a virus, so there is no way that web site may block or oppose the distribution of this program. As an adware, it is normally comes bundled with freeware and installation is somehow discreet.
Different anti-virus and anti-malware programs may name this threat according to their patterns. Here are some detection names: Adware:Win32/WebCake
How to Remove WebCake Removal Procedures
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to WebCake. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove WebCake Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted WebCake from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of WebCake on the affected browser.
Optional: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from WebCake
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with WebCake. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to WebCake. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, you can view complete procedures here.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. WebCake should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by WebCake and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the instructions manually, please see this specific procedure.
Post Last Modified On September 12, 2019