The unwanted presence of Watch TV Quick on internet browser application is not a simple contamination or accidental installation. It was brought about by the execution of other malicious applications especially those that are offered online, via aggressive advertisements or redirects. If Watch TV Quick was able to make it inside the computer without being detected by security application, there may be additional adware or malware to follow its lead.
Watch TV Quick is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that emerges from adware group, which also produces similar malicious browser extensions including App Discovery Tools, The Recipe Tab, and Find New Coupons. These applications are frequently marketed as valuable internet software add-on and they all claims that improving web user’s online browsing experience is their main goal. Aside from giving accurate and fast search results, Watch TV Quick asserts to supply basic information like local weather, recommended sites, news, and so on.
Though it may look fascinating at first glimpse, web user should not be tricked by this adware. Watch TV Quick has multiple risky actions in its arsenal. For one, it can flood the browser with barrage of advertisements like pop-ups and redirects that aims to generate profit for its authors. Default search engine is likewise the target of Watch TV Quick. By assigning own search provider at Hp.hwatchtvquick.com, web users may not obtain the same accurate useful search results. The reason is, Hp.hwatchtvquick.com has other things to prioritize than producing valuable search outcome.
Watch TV Quick took over the default settings on internet browser application to control its homepage and search but it all drains down to pushing the use of the unwanted search engine. If web user performs online search while Watch TV Quick is controlling the browser, their private data and browsing information are exposed to attackers. Watch TV Quick keeps on tracking web activities and records information like search keywords, favorite websites, IP address, username, passwords, and browser version. Cyber crooks may exploit collected data for their online fraud activities in order to gain more profit.
To sum up, Watch TV Quick is a browser threat that must be removed from the computer as soon as possible. If not taken care immediately, it can be the source of other risks and infection. Thus, we made a simple instruction on this page to properly eliminate Watch TV Quick adware from the infected computer.
Watch TV Quick Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer. The guide includes procedures to remove the unwanted URL Hwatchtvquick.com that may have taken over the homepage.
In order to totally eliminate the adware Watch TV Quick and its relevant malicious domain Hwatchtvquick.com, it is vital to follow the remove process in exact manner.
Instant Removal : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove Watch TV Quick automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Watch TV Quick that slows down online browsing activities. Right after the threat removal, the unwanted web address Hwatchtvquick.com from homepage is expected to be eliminated too.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Watch TV Quick as well as Hwatchtvquick.com pop-ups and hijacker.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats because one of those might be the responsible for showing of Watch TV Quick. Please restart the computer when necessary.
The chances of stopping Hwatchtvquick.com pop-ups or redirects is also possible after the threat removal. If it still remains, please follow the Hwatchtvquick.com pop-up removal guide.
The computer should now be free from Watch TV Quick. If you feel that the above solution is not sufficient in getting rid of the browser hijacker, please proceed with the succeeding steps.
Step 1 : Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using an add-on called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. This is the reason why Hwatchtvquick.com is set on homepage and search tool. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Watch TV Quick.
Remove Watch TV Quick Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Watch TV Quick or relevant entry like Hwatchtvquick.com and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Watch TV Quick Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Watch TV Quick or Hwatchtvquick.com and remove it from the browser.
Remove Watch TV Quick Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Watch TV Quick from Toolbars and Extension and remove Hwatchtvquick.com Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Watch TV Quick is still present on the IE browser and homepage is still under the control of Hwatchtvquick.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Watch TV Quick or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Watch TV Quick on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications that also causes Hwatchtvquick.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Watch TV Quick and Hwatchtvquick.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions (Watch TV Quick), plug-ins, adware, and pop-up makers like Hwatchtvquick.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for Watch TV Quick and any possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, as well as unwanted homepage like Hwatchtvquick.com.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Watch TV Quick. The tool is also helpful in eliminating the source of Hwatchtvquick.com pop-ups and redirects.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Watch TV Quick and other suspicious entities that redirects the homepage to Hwatchtvquick.com. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option : Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Watch TV Quick
Not all adware and PUP's are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instance, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Watch TV Quick is still bothering you after completing all the steps above and Hwatchtvquick.com pop-ups and homepage remains, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Watch TV Quick
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Watch TV Quick, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Watch TV Quick adware and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating "Give Firefox a Tune Up". Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Watch TV Quick should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox. Homepage should now reveal the legitimate URL and not Hwatchtvquick.com.
How to remove Hwatchtvquick.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Hwatchtvquick.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Hwatchtvquick.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Hwatchtvquick.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Hwatchtvquick.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Hwatchtvquick.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Hwatchtvquick.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Hwatchtvquick.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Hwatchtvquick.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Hwatchtvquick.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Hwatchtvquick.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
Post Last Modified On August 28, 2020