TopStreamsSearch is a suspicious program mainly designed to hijack web browser applications including Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. It has an objective of executing unwanted modification to settings of internet software that will eventually promote Topstreamssearch.com as valuable search tool. Basic pages like homepage, new tab window, and search engine will all have Topstreamssearch.com as the new default URL. This assigned web address will become in-charge of facilitating browsing and online searches, which unfortunately will never favor web users. TopStreamsSearch commits these changes to benefit its creators and hope to generate profit by exploiting the compromised internet browser program.
The hijacked internet tool may suffer from different kinds of pushy advertisements in various formats like redirects, pop-ups, fake surveys, banners, and push notifications. Online users are advice not to click in any of these sponsored links to avoid diverting the browser pages to sites that runs a script to automate the download and installation of another malware. Ads provided by TopStreamsSearch are obviously a threat to internet applications and computer system too.
Keep in mind that TopStreamsSearch is dubbed as potentially unwanted program (PUP). It often penetrates the computer in an unexpected way and attackers frequently used misleading ad campaign to trick web users. In most cases of the TopStreamsSearch infection, web users were deceived that this tool is a precious browser extension. But in reality, online users have nothing to gain for the installation of this unwanted app because it was programmed to set off browser configurations that supports its illicit operations.
As conclusion, TopStreamsSearch is a must removed browser extension that internet users should not ignore. This threat may not be a computer virus but it can cause deadly infections if not removed immediately. To help victims, we put up a simple yet effective guide to get rid of TopStreamsSearch using only legitimate anti-malware and anti-virus tools. See the complete steps on the next segment.
TopStreamsSearch Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Topstreamssearch.com hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete TopStreamsSearch Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs use an application called a "browser extension" to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend checking and removing the extension that is closely related to TopStreamsSearch. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove the TopStreamsSearch Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Find TopStreamsSearch or any relevant entry and remove it from the Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall the TopStreamsSearch Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions from the sidebar menu.
4. Look for an object that pertains to TopStreamsSearch and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles will be gone from the internet browser.
Remove TopStreamsSearch from Microsoft Windows and Edge Browser
1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R and then, type the appwiz.cpl command.
2. The Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in a chronological manner, with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on the 'Installed On' column.
3. Select TopStreamsSearch or a recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from the Windows system.
If TopStreamsSearch is still present on the browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open the Microsoft Edge program.
5. Input edge://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable entries for TopStreamsSearch from the Installed Extensions area. Additionally, delete the same object from the Search Providers section by executing the Hijacker Removal Procedure for Edge.
7. Close the window and restart Microsoft Edge.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove TopStreamsSearch automatically, checking the computer with this powerful malware scanner recommended. This security application does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker that assigns Topstreamssearch.com as the homepage URL.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like TopStreamsSearch.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to TopStreamsSearch and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the TopStreamsSearch browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Topstreamssearch.com still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of TopStreamsSearch on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Topstreamssearch.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by TopStreamsSearch.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to TopStreamsSearch. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Topstreamssearch.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Topstreamssearch.com. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with TopStreamsSearch. The procedure below discusses on resetting various browsers to their default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to its default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extensions, such as TopStreamsSearch. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty removing unwanted extensions.
1. Open the Google Chrome internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press the Enter key.
3. Click on Reset Settings on the sidebar and choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. On the confirmation window, click the Reset settings button to clear all entries for TopStreamsSearch.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed the TopStreamsSearch extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extensions from Firefox that may be related to TopStreamsSearch. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only a specific extension, please see the manual removal of add-ons from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on the Firefox web address and press Enter on the keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section in the upper-right corner of the screen stating, Give Firefox a tune-up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If a confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. TopStreamsSearch should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Microsoft Edge to Default Settings
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
2. On the address bar, please input edge://settings/reset and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Once you are on the Reset Settings page, click on Restore settings to their default values.
4. A confirmation window will appear; click on the Reset button to continue.
Your data, like favorites, bookmarks, and history, will remain in the browser. However, this process will delete add-ons by TopStreamsSearch and other unknown objects.
How to remove Topstreamssearch.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Topstreamssearch.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Topstreamssearch.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Topstreamssearch.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Topstreamssearch.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Topstreamssearch.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Topstreamssearch.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Topstreamssearch.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Topstreamssearch.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Topstreamssearch.com pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Topstreamssearch.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Topstreamssearch.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Topstreamssearch.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.