Web users should not be deceived by This To That Converter even though it claims to provide quick online file conversion access right at the homepage and new tab window. Actually, This To That Converter is not an actual tool and what it can only provide are quick links to popular sites like Cloud Convert and Convert To PDF.
This To That Converter is likewise marketed as browser extension that enhances ones online browsing and searching experience. Hence, this is not evident after its installation. Instead of improvement, users of This To That Converter complains of disturbances it causes like browser redirects and excessive display of pop-ups.
This To That Converter Distribution
Most adware are distributed in a way that it has to deceive web users in order to install the unwanted application. This To That Converter is often integrated to attractive freeware or shareware that web users can freely download from different file repository websites. Most of the free software where This To That Converter is bundled are attractive apps like free games, utilities, media player, creativity apps, and more.
Malicious advertisements are also seen as another avenue for deploying This To That Converter. On this scheme, pop-up ads and redirects are promoting This To That Converter as valuable tool and its installation is necessary in order to proceed with the browsing of the internet.
To conclude, This To That Converter is a computer program that has yet to gain positive feedback from web users. Its misleading campaign to gain users is the main reason why computer security analyst categorized This To That Converter as potentially unwanted program (PUP). With this classification, web users should waste no time and must proceed with the removal of This To That Converter to restore privacy and security on internet browser program.
This To That Converter Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Hthistothatconverter.com hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete This To That Converter Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs use an application called a "browser extension" to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend checking and removing the extension that is closely related to This To That Converter. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove the This To That Converter Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Find This To That Converter or any relevant entry and remove it from the Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall the This To That Converter Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions from the sidebar menu.
4. Look for an object that pertains to This To That Converter and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles will be gone from the internet browser.
Remove This To That Converter from Microsoft Windows and Edge Browser
1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R and then, type the appwiz.cpl command.
2. The Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in a chronological manner, with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on the 'Installed On' column.
3. Select This To That Converter or a recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from the Windows system.
If This To That Converter is still present on the browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open the Microsoft Edge program.
5. Input edge://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable entries for This To That Converter from the Installed Extensions area. Additionally, delete the same object from the Search Providers section by executing the Hijacker Removal Procedure for Edge.
7. Close the window and restart Microsoft Edge.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove This To That Converter automatically, checking the computer with this powerful malware scanner recommended. This security application does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker that assigns Hthistothatconverter.com as the homepage URL.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like This To That Converter.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to This To That Converter and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the This To That Converter browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Hthistothatconverter.com still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of This To That Converter on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Hthistothatconverter.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by This To That Converter.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to This To That Converter. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Hthistothatconverter.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Hthistothatconverter.com. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with This To That Converter. The procedure below discusses on resetting various browsers to their default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to its default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extensions, such as This To That Converter. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty removing unwanted extensions.
1. Open the Google Chrome internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press the Enter key.
3. Click on Reset Settings on the sidebar and choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. On the confirmation window, click the Reset settings button to clear all entries for This To That Converter.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed the This To That Converter extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extensions from Firefox that may be related to This To That Converter. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only a specific extension, please see the manual removal of add-ons from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on the Firefox web address and press Enter on the keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section in the upper-right corner of the screen stating, Give Firefox a tune-up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If a confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. This To That Converter should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Microsoft Edge to Default Settings
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
2. On the address bar, please input edge://settings/reset and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Once you are on the Reset Settings page, click on Restore settings to their default values.
4. A confirmation window will appear; click on the Reset button to continue.
Your data, like favorites, bookmarks, and history, will remain in the browser. However, this process will delete add-ons by This To That Converter and other unknown objects.
How to remove Hthistothatconverter.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Hthistothatconverter.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Hthistothatconverter.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Hthistothatconverter.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Hthistothatconverter.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Hthistothatconverter.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Hthistothatconverter.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Hthistothatconverter.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Hthistothatconverter.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Hthistothatconverter.com pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Hthistothatconverter.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Hthistothatconverter.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Hthistothatconverter.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.