Redirection on homepage and replacing the current user’s settings is one thing that potentially unwanted programs are capable of doing once it was able to get inside the browser. Its method of infiltrating the computer is basically based on deceitful techniques like making use of installer package or utilizing online ads for misleading promotions. One program that possesses this skill is called The Global Weather Tab. According to computer security experts, The Global Weather Tab is a browser hijacker that belongs to potentially unwanted program (PUP) group. It was developed merely to manipulate internet browser settings, modify homepage and default search engine. As a result, The-global-weather.com will be assigned as the default value on said sections.
Aside from taking over the vital pages of internet browser application, The Global Weather Tab can drive the browser program and force it to visit several predefined websites via series of redirects. This is not good for the browser and web user as well because it can be the cause of additional adware infection once they accidentally click a link on the destination site.
Obviously, The Global Weather Tab is not your ordinary type of homepage and search tool that brings benefits after installation. It is actually the opposite once The Global Weather Tab becomes part of the internet browser. It suppose to improve web user’s online browsing experience but the way we see it, the program is a total nuisance. When performing online search, it produces a result page that is filled with ads and paid links, instead of useful data. Hence, restoring back the browser to its previous condition is recommended and to do this, web user should get rid of The Global Weather Tab. Below is a guide to delete the malicious browser extension together with virus and malware scanners that will locate and delete concealed objects associated with The Global Weather Tab.
The Global Weather Tab Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting The-global-weather.com hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete The Global Weather Tab Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to The Global Weather Tab.
Remove The Global Weather Tab Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find The Global Weather Tab or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall The Global Weather Tab Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to The Global Weather Tab and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that The-global-weather.com is also gone from the homepage.
Remove The Global Weather Tab Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of The Global Weather Tab from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete The-global-weather.com from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If The Global Weather Tab is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from The-global-weather.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select The Global Weather Tab or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove The Global Weather Tab automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like The Global Weather Tab that assigns The-global-weather.com as the homepage URL.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to The Global Weather Tab.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including The Global Weather Tab and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the The Global Weather Tab browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and The-global-weather.com still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of The Global Weather Tab on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces The-global-weather.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by The Global Weather Tab.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to The Global Weather Tab. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with The-global-weather.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by The Global Weather Tab. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with The Global Weather Tab. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from The Global Weather Tab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of The Global Weather Tab.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed The Global Weather Tab extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to The Global Weather Tab. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. The Global Weather Tab should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by The Global Weather Tab and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Get rid of The-global-weather.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website The-global-weather.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from The-global-weather.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, The-global-weather.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop The-global-weather.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for The-global-weather.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside The-global-weather.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop The-global-weather.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for The-global-weather.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if The-global-weather.com pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on The-global-weather.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if The-global-weather.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select The-global-weather.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
Post Last Modified On July 21, 2020