Test Speed Here Tab typically hijacks well-known browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari. Many computer users is currently utilizing such browsers as their default search engine. However, when Test Speed Here Tab is present on the computer, it causes alterations on browsers settings. Test Speed Here Tab initiates Hp.htestspeedhere.com as the default new tab page, home page, and the search engine. When using the internet for online searching purposes, all queries will automatically redirected to mentioned associated web URL as result provider. Unfortunately, the usual reliable browser will begin to misbehave because of the modifications done by Test Speed Here Tab on the settings.
Effects of Test Speed Here Tab
Installation of Test Speed Here Tab could result to issues and misbehavior on the computer. Such effects include:
- Test Speed Here Tab reduces computer performance.
- It slows down internet browsing of users.
- Ads and pop-ups appear consistently.
- Test Speed Here Tab triggers browser redirects.
- Automatic installation of adware or any unwanted applications is possible.
- Search results are limited and inaccurate.
Test Speed Here Tab running on the operating system could also cause serious privacy matters. Having said that, the program is considerably a potentially unwanted program (PUP), it can track browsing related details as well as the personal information of web users. Developers of Test Speed Here Tab can transact to other parties like cyber criminals and use collected data for some other purposes in order to generate revenue. It is obvious that this adware could bring web users privacy and security at risk together with the safety of the computers.
Test Speed Here Tab Infection
Through download and install, Test Speed Here Tab can enter computers. Nevertheless, developers have ways to inject their malicious programs even without the request of web users. By clicking random ads on the internet, some adverts can execute script to automate installation of PUP or adware on the operating system. It is a big possibility that Test Speed Here Tab developers use this method to spread their program. Another way is through freeware that is available on file-download sites. There are free apps requiring extra programs for successful installation. Such bundle can probably incorporate Test Speed Here Tab on the process.
Test Speed Here Tab Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Test Speed Here Tab.
Remove Test Speed Here Tab Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Test Speed Here Tab or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Test Speed Here Tab Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Test Speed Here Tab and remove it from the browser.
Delete Test Speed Here Tab Extension from Safari
1. Run Safari browser application.
2. Click on Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the window.
3. Choose Preferences from the drop-down list.
4. On Extension window, select Extensions tab.
5. Select Test Speed Here Tab or relevant entry and remove it from Safari.
6. Lastly, go to Safari Settings once again and select Downloads from the drop down list.
7. If Testspeedheretab.safariextz is present, click on Clear button to remove the unwanted extension.
Remove Test Speed Here Tab Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Test Speed Here Tab from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Test Speed Here Tab is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Test Speed Here Tab or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Test Speed Here Tab on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Test Speed Here Tab.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Test Speed Here Tab.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Test Speed Here Tab.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Test Speed Here Tab.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Test Speed Here Tab and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Test Speed Here Tab
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Test Speed Here Tab is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Test Speed Here Tab
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Test Speed Here Tab, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Test Speed Here Tab and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Test Speed Here Tab should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Reset Safari Browser to Normal Settings
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Click on the Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the browser window.
3. Select Reset Safari from the drop-down list.
4. Pop-up window will appear. You may select all boxes for total reset or follow the options below if you only want to remove Test Speed Here Tab from Safari browser.
5. Please restart Safari browser for changes to take effect.