Newest addition to the inventory of rogue application from PCVARK group is System Clean Pro. There is no denial that this recent threat have emerges from this PUP family because its graphical user interface resembles to previous models like Advanced Clean Pro, Auto System Care, and many more. To add up, System Clean Pro’s way of distribution shares similar fashion as previous releases and they all reaches victim’s computer via malicious advertising schemes. Attackers intend to come across web user’s internet surfing routine and pose as system alert stating several risk factors on the computer. Subsequently, it offers a solution by encouraging users to download System Clean Pro.
Alternatively, developers of this rogue tool retain partnership with freeware makers to include their product on distribution of software bundles. While this approach benefits both parties, System Clean Pro has greater chances to discretely penetrate a computer through the installation of software package. In usual ‘Express’ setup process, freeware do not disclose the content and therefore advancing via this method likewise authorizing the installation of all inclusions which includes System Clean Pro. However, most users are not aware that Windows operating system provides safety measures by allowing users to fully engage on software installation through ‘Custom’ procedures in which they can have selective authority over each software within the package. Hence, average user always prefers the quickest routine and this is the reason why System Clean Pro and similar threats continue to thrive as one of the widely spread PUP.
There is nothing much to say about the perils of having System Clean Pro. Aside from compromising user’s online credentials and banking details through its merchant store, this counterfeit program is so annoying that it keeps on producing intimidating alerts and pop-up messages where the upshot is persuasive way of selling paid version of System Clean Pro. To avoid risking sensitive information and reinstate normal computer operation, we highly suggest removing this fake security and optimization tool using the procedures and tools below.
System Clean Pro Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall System Clean Pro from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select System Clean Pro from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds System Clean Pro and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of System Clean Pro using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for System Clean Pro . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all System Clean Pro entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that System Clean Pro have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to System Clean Pro.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Post Last Modified On February 15, 2019