Super Speedup 2018 claims that it can do so many good things on the computer. It asserts to guard the system against malware, PUP threats, and other malicious attacks. In addition, this program is also promoted as an optimization tool that enhances system performance, repair registry errors and startup programs, and so on. This is beneficial to computer users if Super Speedup 2018 can only prove its legitimacy. However, our diagnostics reveals that it is another computer threat, which arises from family of rogue applications. Other hazardous programs from this group includes Quick Speedup 2018, My PC Repair 2018, Auto PC Booster 2018, and many more.
After downloading the installer file from their website, McAfee Anti-virus immediately quarantined the file ssusetup.exe. It was detected as JTI/Suspect.196612!14fa6b357f19. Technically, this detection is referring to any suspicious file like potentially unwanted program (PUP), adware, or rogue application. There are also few instances that it falsely identifies even clean programs. So therefore, it is hard to concur that Super Speedup 2018 is malicious based on this findings alone. However, graphical user interface of Super Speedup 2018 confirms that it is genuinely part of rogue family as already mentioned above.
Super Speedup 2018 and similar threats manages to enter the computer without user’s approval when its creator embeds the executable file to a number of freeware and shareware. As stated, installed anti-virus program can immediately detect the threat if file is downloaded directly from their websites. However, things are different if Super Speedup 2018 is bundled to another freeware or shareware. Anti-virus may not immediately detect the harmful software if attackers cleverly embed the code to another file in order to conceal its presence. Thus, Super Speedup 2018 may successfully gain access on the computer without user’s full knowledge.
Removal is highly suggested if sudden appearance of Super Speedup 2018 is observed on the computer. Effective guide and tools are posted on this page. Be sure to scan the computer with suggested virus and malware removal tool to totally get rid of Super Speedup 2018.
Below are scan report for the web page of Super Speedup 2018. Other domains that hosts this rogue application are mycleanpc.online, mycleanpc.site, mycleanpc.website, winboost.download, winboost.host, winboost.online, winboost.site, and winboost.website.
Super Speedup 2018 Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Super Speedup 2018 through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Super Speedup 2018, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Super Speedup 2018 rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Super Speedup 2018
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Super Speedup 2018 and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Super Speedup 2018 from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Super Speedup 2018 from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Super Speedup 2018 unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Super Speedup 2018 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Super Speedup 2018 using Anti-malware Program
To remove Super Speedup 2018 automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Super Speedup 2018 that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Super Speedup 2018.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.