Super PC Care is deemed as potentially unwanted program or PUP. Official website states that it is a one stop solution for Windows users to keep system safe and secure. It claims to be an all-in-one cleaning tool that removes malware infections, unwanted junk files, and invalid registry entries. These three unique features could be useful if the program can prove its worth.
While scanning the computer with Super PC Care, as shown in our screenshot below, it identifies 232 potentially unwanted items. However, when we try to fix identified troubles, the program states that this version can repair only limited items. Activating the licensed version is required before we can maximize the full capability of Super PC Care. This is very similar to scan and buy scheme, which is employed by most rogue programs.
Another concern is that most errors it enumerates are items that do not really causes problems on PC operation. Junk files and invalid registry entries are usual objects left on the system on daily usage of computer. In fact, Windows has sufficient features that can fix these errors without the need for third party applications like Super PC Care.
Up to this point, there is still no attestation from Microsoft experts that third-party optimization tool can evidently enhance system performance. In fact, Microsoft itself does not support the use of registry cleaners and states the following reasons:
Microsoft does not support the use of registry cleaners. Some programs available for free on the internet might contain spyware, adware, or viruses. If you decide to install a registry cleaning utility, be sure to research the product and only download and install programs from publishers that you trust.
Lastly, our security concern is that most anti-virus and anti-malware application categorized Super PC Care as potentially unwanted program (PUP) or some even placed it under malware classification. Thus, it is logical to stay away from this program to avoid further harm.
Online Security Scanner Report for superpccare.com:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Aug. 21, 2018|
|Unverified||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Aug. 21, 2018|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Aug. 21, 2018|
Super PC Care Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Super PC Care from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Super PC Care from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Super PC Care and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Super PC Care using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Super PC Care . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Super PC Care entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Super PC Care have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Super PC Care.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.