Super Mac Cleaner is a rogue optimization and security application that is obviously targeting users of Macintosh system. It normally penetrates a computer with little participation from users that downloads software bundles from unusual sources. They fail to detect that this carelessness leads to the infection of potentially unwanted program like Super Mac Cleaner that bypasses certain installation restrictions. Indeed, it acts as if it has integral administrative privilege to completely load the program and carry out system changes as required for it to run in-tune under Mac environment.
Like most counterfeit security and optimization tool as Smart Mac Cleaner and Mac Security Plus, users are going to experience overflowing pseudo scans from Super Mac Cleaner without actually initiating it neither they are involved with the repeated system checkup. Next to this loop of computer diagnostics are bothering pop-up warnings and alerts to establish the fact that identified malicious codes and performance issues are serious things to deal with. In detailed report, Super Mac Cleaner stipulates both minor and critical concerns including malware, viruses, trojans, hard drive clutter, duplicate files, and so on.
Every component of rogue application is within the framework of Super Mac Cleaner. Creators of this counterfeit tool attempts to cause uneasiness to victims and let them feel that their Mac computer is unsafe and overall performance is deteriorating. In perfect timing, it will offer optimum solution to patch up all detected imperfection for a registration fee. In short, Super Mac Cleaner paid version is needed to cease it from pounding the screen with alarming messages.
As always advice by computer security professionals, never spend a penny for a program that utilizes intimidation tactics as means in influencing users to purchase the product. This scheme is clearly sited as modus of Super Mac Cleaner. Obviously, there is no fix for this whole computer mess-up other than removing the culprit program itself.
Procedures to Remove Super Mac Cleaner
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac system.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Super Mac Cleaner. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Super Mac Cleaner.
6. As shown in the image below, Combo Cleaner accurately detects Super Mac Cleaner rogue program. Proceed with the removal of the virus by upgrading Combo Cleaner to full version.
Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Quit Super Mac Cleaner Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Super Mac Cleaner window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Super Mac Cleaner. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Super Mac Cleaner. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 2 : Delete Super Mac Cleaner Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Super Mac Cleaner during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Super Mac Cleaner.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Super Mac Cleaner from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
As stated, the creation of Login Items or profile is case-to-case basis. Some unwanted application may add their entry on this section but others are not concern on making one. So, if Super Mac Cleaner Login item is not present, please continue with the succeeding steps.
Step 3 : Delete Super Mac Cleaner Application
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Super Mac Cleaner or any unwanted program.
4. Drag the Super Mac Cleaner to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Super Mac Cleaner
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Super Mac Cleaner to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
- Super Mac Cleaner
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Super Mac Cleaner.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Super Mac Cleaner is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.