Streaming Lab Tab is in disguise as legitimate search engine and in fact, it replaces the default settings on the homepage right after its installation. It is unfortunate for users that Streaming Lab Tab becomes part of their browser program without an approval. Therefore, computer security analyst prefers to include it under the intrusive threat family of potentially unwanted program (PUP). Being on this class does not mean that Streaming Lab Tab is only an unwanted type of software. On top of that, PUP is a threat that makes ones browsing habit too annoying. It can execute pop-ups and redirects that drive the browser pages to different kinds of unnecessary websites.
The methods that attackers are using to distribute Streaming Lab Tab are varying. Hence, it was observed that they gain higher infection rate via the technique called software bundling. This is a tactic where Streaming Lab Tab is integrated to freeware or shareware and designed to simultaneously load both the main program and Streaming Lab Tab in a single installation process. The installation of Streaming Lab Tab is however concealed because it runs the setup in the background, behind computer user’s sight.
One more thing that helps in the internet-wide propagation of Streaming Lab Tab is through malicious advertising campaign. Web users may encounter this kind of misleading ads when visiting websites that entails the illegal publication of copyrighted media like software, videos, or audio files. The pop-up attempts to deceive user with an outdated software context and advise to download the update as soon as possible. However, the downloading only gives way for Streaming Lab Tab to enter the computer and infiltrate the default internet program.
Obviously, Streaming Lab Tab is an illicit type of browser extension that masquerade as search tool as part of its tricky behavior. The fact is, this unwanted program can cause not just annoyances but also identity theft because it was designed to collect browsing details from the internet software. Thus, removal of Streaming Lab Tab is highly suggested. Please execute the procedures below in exact order to properly get rid of the threat.
Streaming Lab Tab Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Instant Removal : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Streaming Lab Tab.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats because one of those might be the responsible for showing of Streaming Lab Tab. Please restart the computer when necassary.
The computer should now be free from Streaming Lab Tab. If you feel that the above solution is not sufficient in getting rid of the browser hijacker, please proceed with the succeeding steps.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Streaming Lab Tab.
Remove Streaming Lab Tab Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Streaming Lab Tab or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Streaming Lab Tab Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Streaming Lab Tab and remove it from the browser.
Remove Streaming Lab Tab Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Streaming Lab Tab from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Streaming Lab Tab is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Streaming Lab Tab or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Streaming Lab Tab on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Streaming Lab Tab.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Streaming Lab Tab.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Streaming Lab Tab.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Streaming Lab Tab.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Streaming Lab Tab and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Streaming Lab Tab
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Streaming Lab Tab is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Streaming Lab Tab
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Streaming Lab Tab, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Streaming Lab Tab and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Streaming Lab Tab should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.