Streaming Lab Tab is in disguise as legitimate search engine and in fact, it replaces the default settings on the homepage right after its installation. It is unfortunate for users that Streaming Lab Tab becomes part of their browser program without an approval. Therefore, computer security analyst prefers to include it under the intrusive threat family of potentially unwanted program (PUP). Being on this class does not mean that Streaming Lab Tab is only an unwanted type of software. On top of that, PUP is a threat that makes ones browsing habit too annoying. It can execute pop-ups and redirects that drive the browser pages to different kinds of unnecessary websites.
The methods that attackers are using to distribute Streaming Lab Tab are varying. Hence, it was observed that they gain higher infection rate via the technique called software bundling. This is a tactic where Streaming Lab Tab is integrated to freeware or shareware and designed to simultaneously load both the main program and Streaming Lab Tab in a single installation process. The installation of Streaming Lab Tab is however concealed because it runs the setup in the background, behind computer user’s sight.
One more thing that helps in the internet-wide propagation of Streaming Lab Tab is through malicious advertising campaign. Web users may encounter this kind of misleading ads when visiting websites that entails the illegal publication of copyrighted media like software, videos, or audio files. The pop-up attempts to deceive user with an outdated software context and advise to download the update as soon as possible. However, the downloading only gives way for Streaming Lab Tab to enter the computer and infiltrate the default internet program.
Obviously, Streaming Lab Tab is an illicit type of browser extension that masquerade as search tool as part of its tricky behavior. The fact is, this unwanted program can cause not just annoyances but also identity theft because it was designed to collect browsing details from the internet software. Thus, removal of Streaming Lab Tab is highly suggested. Please execute the procedures below in exact order to properly get rid of the threat.
Streaming Lab Tab Removal Procedure for PC
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove Streaming Lab Tab automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Streaming Lab Tab that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Streaming Lab Tab.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Streaming Lab Tab and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated Streaming Lab Tab. However, if you still find that there are still remnants of Streaming Lab Tab on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 1 : Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Streaming Lab Tab.
Remove Streaming Lab Tab Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Streaming Lab Tab or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Streaming Lab Tab Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Streaming Lab Tab and remove it from the browser.
Remove Streaming Lab Tab Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Streaming Lab Tab from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Streaming Lab Tab is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Streaming Lab Tab or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Streaming Lab Tab on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Streaming Lab Tab.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Streaming Lab Tab.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 3 : Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Streaming Lab Tab
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Streaming Lab Tab. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Streaming Lab Tab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Streaming Lab Tab.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Streaming Lab Tab extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Streaming Lab Tab. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Streaming Lab Tab should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Streaming Lab Tab and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Post Last Modified On July 21, 2020