If internet application settles to Stream-Searchs homepage, it only implies that the said application is taking control over the browser program. Majority of users cannot comprehend how Stream-Searchs manages to enter the computer without proper endorsement. It is perhaps they are innocent that adware makers are using different kinds of techniques in spreading the dubious browser extension. As long as computer users are connected to the internet, chances of being infected with adware like Stream-Searchs is very likely.
How this threat spreads
The basic thoroughfare for Stream-Searchs to spread is via internet connection. Although there are several possible method that adware makers are using, deceitful software installer package is still the most favored distribution channel. On this scheme, attackers are embedding Stream-Searchs to different kinds of freeware and upload them to different servers. General computer users may intentionally download the freeware, without realizing that there is an attached unwanted program. Therefore after installation, they are shock to see the unsolicited existence of Stream-Searchs on homepage of internet browser application.
One more method that helps in the successful deployment of Stream-Searchs is malicious advertising campaign. Several pop-up ads are promoting Stream-Searchs as valuable browser extension that improves online browsing and search experience of users. It claims to upgrade the functions of default internet software by integrating useful features like quick links, toolbars, and search enhancements. There are also versions of the ads where it pretends as system alert claiming to have found outdated program. The pop-up ads prompt for immediate software updates that will eventually install Stream-Searchs on the computer without user’s knowledge.
Risk factors of Stream-Searchs
Once installed and active on the computer, Stream-Searchs can exploit the internet browser program to display ads and gain revenue via this scheme. Aside from pop-up ads, banners, and push notifications, the adware also redirects the browser pages to various websites where the unintentional acquisition of additional threat is possible. Some of the malicious websites where web users may be redirected includes Footballito.com and Ecessaglou.com.
Online privacy of online user is at risks as long as Stream-Searchs is residing on the browser program. Like most threats in the pool of adware, this malicious browser extension is capable of logging crucial browsing information like search keywords, favorite websites, IP address, username, and password. Before the attack end up in a much severe identity theft, you must remove Stream-Searchs at once. Below are comprehensive steps to get rid of the threat using online legitimate anti-virus and anti-malware scanners.
Stream-Searchs Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Streamsearch.com hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete Stream-Searchs Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Stream-Searchs.
Remove Stream-Searchs Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Stream-Searchs or relevant entry like Streamsearch.com and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Stream-Searchs Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Stream-Searchs and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Streamsearch.com is also gone from the homepage.
Remove Stream-Searchs Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Stream-Searchs from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete Streamsearch.com from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Stream-Searchs is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from Streamsearch.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Stream-Searchs or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Stream-Searchs automatically, checking the computer with this powerful malware scanner recommended. This security application does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker that assigns Streamsearch.com as the homepage URL.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Stream-Searchs.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Stream-Searchs and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Stream-Searchs browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Streamsearch.com still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Stream-Searchs on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Streamsearch.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Stream-Searchs.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Stream-Searchs. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Streamsearch.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Streamsearch.com. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Stream-Searchs. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Stream-Searchs. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Stream-Searchs.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Stream-Searchs extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Stream-Searchs. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Stream-Searchs should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Stream-Searchs and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Clear the Safari Internet Browser (Mac)
1. Open your Safari browser application.
2. In the Safari menu, click on Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On Preferences window, please select the Privacy tab.
4. Click on Manage Website Data button.
5. Select unwanted entry like Stream-Searchs and click the Remove button. If you choose to Remove All, you may be logout from most visited websites and online services. Therefore, we advise to remove suspicious item one at a time to prevent changing behavior towards your favorite websites.
6. If it prompts, please confirm your actions.
7. Next, we will need to clear the Cache. Back at the Safari Preferences window, choose Advanced tab.
8. Navigate to the bottom and activate Show Develop menu in menu bar.
9. Go to Safari menu, choose on Develop from the drop down list and click on on Empty Caches.
10. Next thing to do is to restore the Homepage to your preference and remove the one from Stream-Searchs.
11. Back at the Safari Preferences window, click on General tab.
12. Under Homepage section, type your desired URL to be the default start-up page.
13. Lastly, make sure to have the right Search Engine.
14. Go back to Safari Preferences window and click on Search tab.
15. Select your desired Search tool under the Search engine section.
16. You may not restart Safari browser.
How to remove Streamsearch.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Streamsearch.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Streamsearch.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Streamsearch.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Streamsearch.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Streamsearch.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Streamsearch.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Streamsearch.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Streamsearch.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Streamsearch.com pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Streamsearch.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Streamsearch.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Streamsearch.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.