Official website of Segurazo anti-virus asserts that it is an affordable security program but can provide robust and reliable PC defense. It offers real-time protection for private data, passwords, and browser programs in which Segurazo can promptly detect vulnerabilities and eliminate threats instantly and efficiently. With these promising words, it is no surprise why some web users were influenced to download and install Segurazo while it is being presented on pop-up and redirect ads.
Aside from the said online advertising campaign, computer security professionals also noticed that the deployment of Segurazo anti-virus is also leaning on malicious software bundling technique. With this scheme, the security program may gain access on the computer without user’s consent if they happen to download and install freeware from a questionable source. Because of this intrusive technique, some people deemed the presence of Segurazo as virus infection.
Technically, Segurazo is not classified as computer virus. It is comparable to most security and optimization apps that are promoted in an unusual way. The program also provides free scanning module to check the PC for presence of threats and system issues. Hence, it requires user to purchase the full version before they can unlock the full features and proceed with the troubleshooting.
Removal of Segurazo is also straightforward. The developers of this anti-virus app are providing easy way to uninstall the product. Like common Windows application, one click process is available on Windows Control Panel to quickly remove Segurazo.
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Segurazofrom Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Segurazo from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Segurazoand other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Segurazousing Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Segurazo. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Segurazoentities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Segurazohave been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to System Defender Security Center.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Post Last Modified On October 14, 2020