SecuryBrowse is a potentially unwanted program made specifically for Google Chrome browser. Homepage hijacking and constant redirect to Search.securybrowse.com are just some annoyances that victims may encounter while the adware is intact inside the compromised browser program. Do not forget the fact that as an adware, SecuryBrowse can undertake online revenue generation by flooding the browser with assortment of advertisements ranging from simple paid links to disturbing redirects and pop-ups.
Most victims who come across SecuryBrowse or its hijacking component Search.securybrowse.com do not recall how this thing handles the entry without receiving any notice. In normal installation process of valid programs, user typically receives prompts on how they want to proceed. Bundled software to install, start-up configuration, and some petty things do not progress unless computer owners provide authority. Hence, in the case of SecuryBrowse, bypassing administrative permission is attained while it simultaneously loads alongside dubious freeware, shareware, or third party apps from unusual sources.
The thing is, these applications do not enter the computer on its own. Users voluntarily downloads them in presumption that freeware are cost-less and yet fully functional tool which they can utilize in accomplishing respective tasks. The probability of benefiting from freeware is appropriate only to legitimate downloadable apps from trusted developers. In cases of unpopular tools like SecuryBrowse, chances are, it may have hidden motive that can harm the browser and may cause online security and privacy risk. In this case, it is much better to just eliminate it from the computer and switch to similar app with positive user ratings.
Online Security Scanner Report for securybrowse.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Feb. 13, 2019|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Updated: Feb. 13, 2019|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Feb. 13, 2019|
SecuryBrowse Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove SecuryBrowse from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove SecuryBrowse from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If SecuryBrowse persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove SecuryBrowse from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete SecuryBrowse by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of SecuryBrowse removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from SecuryBrowse. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by SecuryBrowse. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall SecuryBrowse
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove SecuryBrowse entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to SecuryBrowse.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including SecuryBrowse and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to SecuryBrowse. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.