SearchSpace is a deceptive program that supposedly a functional tool for internet browser programs. However, SearchSpace was found to be a browser hijacker that does not operate in a manner that is helpful to web users. This adware intends to infect computers and modify web browser settings. Once installed on the computer, SearchSpace will carry out the first attack stage by changing the home page, new tab page, and default search engine of the browser. It will assign its own web address Search-space.net and start to generate intrusive advertisements. Ads will continuously appear on the computer screen distracting the browsing activity of online users. Aside from that, SearchSpace can force web users to visit unfamiliar websites through exhibiting pop-ups. Such pop-ups normally represent the URLs of compromised sites that may contain infectious content. Clicking the pop-ups can automatically redirect the browser to different web pages.
Furthermore, SearchSpace can track the browsing-related information of computer users. All the private details saved on the browser can be at risk. It also monitors online search on infected browser program. Remember that during the presence of this adware, all search queries are redirected to Search-space.net. A server that was published to extract information from online search conducted by web users.
False claims are just tricks of developers to encourage web users to install SearchSpace on their computers. Apart from endorsing as a useful program, developers also market SearchSpace through software bundles. Bundling SearchSpace together with some other software can possibly deceive web users. It happens because some installers will include SearchSpace on the process even without the request from online users. For this reason, computer professionals categorized SearchSpace as a potentially unwanted program (PUP).
Malicious software like SearchSpace can infiltrate computers without online users’ permissions. This invasive manner of SearchSpace is the reason why it is not advisable to install on the computer because it will definitely cause issues and annoyances. The best way to protect computer and user privacy is to use anti-malware and anti-virus software that removes and blocks the way of malicious programs. In addition, the main key to safety is caution. Web users should carefully check the download and installation process and use the ‘custom’ and ‘advanced’ settings to closely analyze every step of the process.
SearchSpace Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to SearchSpace .
Remove SearchSpace Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find SearchSpace , Search-space.net, or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall SearchSpace Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to SearchSpace or Search-space.net and remove it from the browser.
Remove SearchSpace Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of SearchSpace from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If SearchSpace is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select SearchSpace , Search-space.net, or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of SearchSpace on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by SearchSpace .
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to SearchSpace .
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like SearchSpace .
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like SearchSpace .
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to SearchSpace and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from SearchSpace
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If SearchSpace is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete SearchSpace
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete SearchSpace , the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by SearchSpace and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. SearchSpace should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Reset Safari Browser to Normal Settings
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Click on the Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the browser window.
3. Select Reset Safari from the drop-down list.
4. Pop-up window will appear. You may select all boxes for total reset or follow the options below if you only want to remove SearchSpace from Safari browser.
5. Please restart Safari browser for changes to take effect.
Post Last Modified On April 9, 2020