Unknown search engine like Searchpro.app can be annoying especially that it enters the computer uninvited. For this intrusive trait, computer security experts dubbed it as potentially unwanted program (PUP). Being in this threat category, we can concur that makers of Searchpro.app are deploying this unknown browser search through several deceptive ways like covert software bundles and misleading online advertisements.
Searchpro.app Browser Hijacker
Initially, Searchpro.app was made as browser hijacker that takes over internet settings while totally disregarding web user’s preferences. It conquers homepage and search tool and therefore, every online search inquiry of web users are processed by Searchpro.app. The motive for this is actually to extract user’s information because all internet traffic from the compromised browser program are diverted to Searchpro.app and therefore, attackers can monitor victim’s browsing activities. The server can log details like favorite websites, search keywords, online preferences, and user’s location.
Collected data are very crucial to attacker’s objective of generating online profit because information derived from web users are useful in serving personalized advertisements. On top of that, gathered data from Searchpro.app traffic transmission can be marketed to third party companies that have high demand for internet user’s information.
Searchpro.app Pop-up Ads
Aside from homepage and search hijacking, Searchpro.app was developed as ad provider. Its serves different kind of advertisements like pop-ups, redirects, banners and so on. Hence, the most disturbing of them all are the persistent advertisements that pop-ups via push notification window.
Upon initial visit to Searchpro.app, it prompts a notice stating that “We’d like to show you notifications for the latest news and updates.” However, instead of the delivering said service, web users may receive persistent pop-ups notifications containing various promotions and referrals once they clicked the “ALLOW” button. Unfortunately some of Searchpro.app pop-ups are containing deceitful links that points the browser program to harmful destinations, which eventually infects the computer with more threats.
To conclude, Searchpro.app is a risky website that web users must avoid. If in case it is consistently appearing on the browser, we recommend scanning the computer with legitimate virus and malware removal tools. This step will automatically locate and delete harmful objects that cause the Searchpro.app pop-ups.
Searchpro.app Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Instant Removal : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Searchpro.app.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats because one of those might be the responsible for showing of Searchpro.app. Please restart the computer when necassary.
The computer should now be free from Searchpro.app. If you feel that the above solution is not sufficient in getting rid of the browser hijacker, please proceed with the succeeding steps.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Searchpro.app.
Remove Searchpro.app Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Searchpro.app or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Searchpro.app Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Searchpro.app and remove it from the browser.
Remove Searchpro.app Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Searchpro.app from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Searchpro.app is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Searchpro.app or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Searchpro.app on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Searchpro.app.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Searchpro.app.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Searchpro.app.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Searchpro.app.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Searchpro.app and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Searchpro.app
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Searchpro.app is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Searchpro.app
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Searchpro.app, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Searchpro.app and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Searchpro.app should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Get rid of Searchpro.app Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Searchpro.app. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Searchpro.app are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Searchpro.app pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Searchpro.app from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be sucessful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Searchpro.app.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Searchpro.app list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Searchpro.app from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Searchpro.app entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Searchpro.app pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Searchpro.app.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Searchpro.app pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Searchpro.app from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.