Browser hijacker with address Searchfdampro.com or also called Find Directions and Maps is an absolute example of potentially unwanted program (PUP). It has several tactics of getting inside the computer uninvited and most often, this adware is bundled to freeware and shareware. On some instances, ads that suddenly pop-ups on the browser while viewing dubious websites is the lone culprit for the unwanted entry of Searchfdampro.com on computer systems. Attackers are known to be utilizing drive-by-download technique to force the installation of this browser extension onto visitor’s internet application. Because Searchfdampro.com is a cross-browser adware, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari are all direct target of this aggressive applet.
Once installed on the browser, Searchfdampro.com will make several browser settings modification without a delay. Right after its entry, homepage and new tab will have get redirected to unwanted search engine and this will be the new default setup. In addition, Searchfdampro.com becomes the official search engine on homepage. Therefore, all online search inquiry of users is diverted to attacker’s web server and they can easily extract vital information from this course of action.
Presence of Searchfdampro.com is not only risky to user’s online privacy due to its monitoring and data logging capabilities. It also threatens online security because it can redirect internet browser to malicious websites where users may suffer from additional adware infection including variants as Directions Maps Finder, Easy Forms Pro, and many more.
It is fortunate for users that we have simple guide to remove Searchfdampro.com from both PC and Mac systems. Execute the guide in exact order to ensure complete removal of this PUP.
Searchfdampro.com Removal Procedure for PC
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Searchfdampro.com.
Remove Searchfdampro.com Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Searchfdampro.com, Find Directions and Maps, or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Searchfdampro.com Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Searchfdampro.com or Find Directions and Maps and remove it from the browser.
Delete Searchfdampro.com Extension from Safari
1. Run Safari browser application.
2. Click on Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the window.
3. Choose Preferences from the drop-down list.
4. On Extension window, select Extensions tab.
5. Select Searchfdampro.com, Find Directions and Maps, or relevant entry and remove it from Safari.
6. Lastly, go to Safari Settings once again and select Downloads from the drop down list.
7. If FinddirectionsMaps.safariextz is present, click on Clear button to remove the unwanted extension.
Remove Searchfdampro.com Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Searchfdampro.com from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Searchfdampro.com is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Searchfdampro.com, Find Directions and Maps, or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Searchfdampro.com.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 3: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Searchfdampro.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Searchfdampro.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Searchfdampro.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.