Search2020.com is a questionable search tool that makes forcible settings override on browser programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. This unwanted search provider can accomplish the changes in discrete mode once user installs associated adware that typically source out from malicious freeware and software bundles. Therefore, abrupt browser appearance of Search2020.com is imminent to computer users who recklessly download freeware from dubious websites and sources.
Once installed on the browser as extension, Search 2020, the main app of the adware will carry out changes on configuration making Search2020.com as the default homepage, new tab, and search provider. Even though the effect of this potentially unwanted program concerns only internet application, it is possible that user may acquire additional threats when it initiates pop-ups and browser redirect actions.
Apart from the mentioned disturbances and browsing obstructions by Search2020.com, it is notable that the adware superseded the settings in order for its creator to intercept online search information from victims. Search2020.com can collect data like search inquiries, keywords, and other relevant information that are useful in serving personalized advertisement on browser application.
Obviously at this point, Search2020.com was not made to enhance online search experience as what it claims. This unwanted search tool intends to generate online profit at the expense of victims browsing habit. By displaying ads and redirecting the browser to various websites, Search2020.com aims to gain revenue from pay-per-click and paid links schemes. Aside from this, user’s online privacy is at risks during its existence. As a result, we suggest removing Search2020.com as soon as possible using the procedures below.
Online Security Scanner Report for Search2020.com
|Online Scanner||Scan Findings||Updated on||Google Safe Browsing||No unsafe content found||Oct. 16, 2020|
|Norton Safe Web||Caution||Oct. 16, 2020|
|Sucuri SiteCheck||Medium Security Risk||Oct. 16, 2020|
Search2020.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Search2020.com hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete Search2020.com Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Search2020.com.
Remove Search2020.com Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Search2020.com or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Search2020.com Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Search2020.com and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Search2020.com is also gone from the homepage.
Remove Search2020.com Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Search2020.com from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete Search2020.com from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Search2020.com is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from Search2020.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Search2020.com or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove Search2020.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Search2020.com that assigns Search2020.com as the homepage URL.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Search2020.com.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Search2020.com and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Search2020.com browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Search2020.com still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Search2020.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Search2020.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Search2020.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Search2020.com. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Search2020.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Search2020.com. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Search2020.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Search2020.com. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Search2020.com.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Search2020.com extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Search2020.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Search2020.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Search2020.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.