Catching a glimpse of Search.pdfmagicsearch.com on internet browser application is a sign that adware is present on the computer and changes were already executed on its settings. This new configuration is not only restricted to homepage, Search.pdfmagicsearch.com also conquers new tab pages as well as default search engine settings.
The sudden appearance of Search.pdfmagicsearch.com on internet browser application astounds computer users because they are totally innocent on its illegal entry on their machine. To some, this invasion is somehow caused by a virus infection and is can bring very harmful effect on the system. Fortunately, victims should not have to worry much about what it can inflict on the operating system. According to computer security experts, Search.pdfmagicsearch.com is classed as potentially unwanted program (PUP) with attribute of browser hijacking. This means that Search.pdfmagicsearch.com is not a virus and is a lesser threat that focuses on infecting internet browser programs like Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge. It is not as dangerous as computer viruses and that is a fact. Nevertheless, Search.pdfmagicsearch.com is still a computer threat that users need to deal with as soon as possible to avoid further infection.
Like its allies namely Search.supermusicsearch.com and Mybestsearch.net, Search.pdfmagicsearch.com is also categorized as Adware and being on this family, it signifies that several types of malicious advertisements may show off on the browser. Pop-ups and redirects that deliver bad links will flood the browser, that when clicked will initiate a more hazardous infection. Aside from ads, Search.pdfmagicsearch.com is somehow proficient in monitoring browsing activities of users and it is capable of logging important details like search keywords, favorite websites, username, passwords, banking details, and so on.
To conclude, Search.pdfmagicsearch.com is not just an invasive computer threat. Its existence on internet software is a threat to ones online privacy and security. Immediate removal of this adware or PUP is suggested to prevent it from causing identity theft. Removal of Search.pdfmagicsearch.com is also a step to restore the browser to its previous normal working state.
Search.pdfmagicsearch.com Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
This malware removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any threats like Trojan, virus, PUP, adware and malicious redirects like Search.pdfmagicsearch.com. The tool is powerful enough to find hazardous items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
To remove Search.pdfmagicsearch.com from Mac OS, please use the tool that was designed specifically for Macintosh users.
Malwarebytes For Mac Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Search.pdfmagicsearch.com.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Search.pdfmagicsearch.com and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Stage 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Search.pdfmagicsearch.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3 : Remove Search.pdfmagicsearch.com Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Search.pdfmagicsearch.com pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Search.pdfmagicsearch.com from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Search.pdfmagicsearch.com and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Search.pdfmagicsearch.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Search.pdfmagicsearch.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Search.pdfmagicsearch.com from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Search.pdfmagicsearch.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Search.pdfmagicsearch.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Search.pdfmagicsearch.com redirect and pop-up should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Search.pdfmagicsearch.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.