If homepage is exhibiting Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net as the new default setup and the same is also on new tab and search tool, it is highly probable that computer is infected with adware. Aside from adware, it is likely that other potentially unwanted program (PUP) have maximizes the discrete entry because they come in bundle most of the time. Victims usually source this malicious program from freeware that typically in disguise of utilities, media player, download helper, and software update. Some of this product prompts users for choices during installation; hence, most of them do not disclose that executable file will load more than one application. We have seen this case from Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net’s invasion of browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Aside from forcing its entry on target computer, the host file My Classifieds List is installed as ‘extension’, imposes its own configuration on the browser, and retains Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net on vital pages. As browser extension, the adware have complete liberty to perform its tasks and one of this is to generate profit by displaying advertisements in forms of pop-ups, banners, and task bar items. Moreover, the role of Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net is to intercept online search inquiry of users and exploit these gathered data to display personalized advertisements on victim’s browser. Worse, collected data can be misuse for other online fraudulent scheme perpetuated by cyber criminals.
As of now, we do not see any valid reason to utilize Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net as search tool even though it claims to enhance search outcome when finding classifieds lists or relevant topic online. With given details above, removing it from the computer is the only way to restore online safety and privacy on the browser. Use the guide and anti-virus tools below to get rid of Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net.
Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net.
Remove Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net, My Classifieds List, or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net or Classifieds, and remove it from the browser.
Remove Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net, My Classifieds List, or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Remove Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
Preceding steps may have removed Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net from the browser already. This next procedure is needed to double-check that browser is free from any adware remnants especially from Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net. Avast Browser Cleanup is a free tool that restores the browser to its initial, clean state. It will get rid of annoying browser extensions, toolbars, and search hijackers.
1. Click the link below to download this free tool.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. To run the installer, please double-click the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. Run the tool to start analyzing the browsers. It will state whether browser is free from threats or cleanup is needed. Perform suggested cleanup if the tool found suspicious extensions, add-ons, or plug-ins.
4. If Avast Browser Cleanup verifies if you want to permanently delete suspicious entries, click Yes to proceed with the removal of Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net.
Stage 4: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer browser.
2. On top menu, click Tools, and then Internet Options. It will open a new window.
3. Select Advanced tab. See image below.
4. On Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button to start the restoration procedures.
This process will not affect browsing history, bookmarks, and favorites. Add-ons and other integrated codes will be deleted including those that are linked to Search.hmyclassifiedslist.net. If you choose to perform the procedure manually, please view instructions here.