Official website of Revive My Mac claims that the program is the number one maintenance tool for Mac OS that features various utilities and optimization elements. Hence, users may only unlock the full potential of Revive My Mac if they activate the program and pay the necessary charges. The problem is, Revive My Mac employs the same old misleading scheme to persuade users in getting the paid version by making use of false scan results.
Potentially unwanted program (PUP) or rogue security and optimization tool is the proper category for this app as supposed by computer security experts. The main reason for classifying the software this way is due to its intrusive method in getting inside the computer. Revive My Mac commonly utilizes software bundling hoax where it is part of freeware that Mac users may obtain from several doubtful websites. The installation is discreet that users may not even notice it is adopting the same administrative permission given to the host freeware. Only time that Mac users may learn about the presence of Revive My Mac is when it starts to run a self-scan on the computer or begin to flash pop-ups and warning alerts stating several system issues.
The official website of Revive My Mac resembles the same layout as older variants including MacEnizer, Mac Fixer Pro, Qbit Mac Cleaner, and many more from the same group of fake security and optimization tool.
With regards to scanner console, there is a complete revamp of the layout from light to dark interface theme. Hence, malware authors somehow retain the way it deceives Mac users by providing bogus scan result. As usual, it compels users to activate Revive My Mac in order to fix any identified issues whether it is system related or malware infection. Instead of paying for this bogus app, we highly suggest removing it from Mac computer using the guide below.
This is PUP Mac
Procedures to Remove Revive My Mac
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac system.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Revive My Mac. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Revive My Mac.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Quit Revive My Mac Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Revive My Mac window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Revive My Mac. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Revive My Mac. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Revive My Mac Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Revive My Mac during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Revive My Mac.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Revive My Mac from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
As stated, the creation of Login Items or profile is case-to-case basis. Some unwanted application may add their entry on this section but others are not concern on making one. So, if Revive My Mac Login item is not present, please continue with the succeeding steps.
Step 4: Delete Revive My Mac Application
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Revive My Mac or any unwanted program.
4. Drag the Revive My Mac to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 5 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Revive My Mac
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Revive My Mac to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 6 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Revive My Mac.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Revive My Mac is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.