Redirect-path.com is operated by cybercriminals, who promote it as a useful tool for quickly converting a variety of files to other formats. However, it is a legitimate strategy used by its creators to advertise their malicious program and anticipate defrauding online users. Its capabilities for enhancing browsing and searching are merely marketing ploys to spread Redirect-path.com adware and pique users’ interest in installing it on their web browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
Redirect-path.com is expected to hijack a web browser and insert Redirect-path.com into its key pages, according to adware developers. Despite its promises to be a decent program, it operates dishonestly. While installed, it engages in harmful activity on the computer. It was classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) in this main sense. Redirect-path.com’s real goal is to monitor the browser and modify its settings for its own gain.
Effects of Redirect-Path adware
Redirect-Path begins tracking and recording an internet user’s browsing behavior as soon as it has loaded on the browser. These actions involve the usage of sensitive information like search terms, bookmarks, IP addresses, and certain personally identifying information like usernames and passwords. In addition to these controlling activities, Redirect-Path also updates the default settings and safety of a compromised browser application. A new search engine page will replace the current home page, new tab page, and search engine. These actions by themselves can truly demonstrate that it is not a useful application but rather a risky browser extension that might lead to privacy concerns.
Is Redirect-path.com a virus?
Remember that while being intrusive, Redirect-path.com is not considered a computer virus. It is an undesirable application that frequently enters a computer without the user’s consent. Adware is frequently contained in software bundles or certain intrusive advertisements that display in web browser software. Before starting a freeware installation, carefully review the included files to make sure there are no threats to the computer. Additionally, when surfing the internet, avoid clicking on anything at random. It might add a malicious browser add-on like Redirect-path.com right to the intended internet application.
Redirect-path.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete Redirect-path.com Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Redirect-path.com.
Remove Redirect-path.com Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Redirect-path.com or relevant entry like and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Redirect-path.com Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Redirect-path.com and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that is also gone from the homepage.
Remove Redirect-path.com Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Redirect-path.com from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Redirect-path.com is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from , another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Redirect-path.com or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Redirect-path.com automatically, checking the computer with this powerful malware scanner recommended. This security application does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker that assigns as the homepage URL.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Redirect-path.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Redirect-path.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Redirect-path.com browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Redirect-path.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Redirect-path.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Redirect-path.com. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with .
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by . If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Redirect-path.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Redirect-path.com. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Redirect-path.com.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Redirect-path.com extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Redirect-path.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Redirect-path.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Redirect-path.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Clear the Safari Internet Browser (Mac)
1. Open your Safari browser application.
2. In the Safari menu, click on Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On Preferences window, please select the Privacy tab.
4. Click on Manage Website Data button.
5. Select unwanted entry like Redirect-path.com and click the Remove button. If you choose to Remove All, you may be logout from most visited websites and online services. Therefore, we advise to remove suspicious item one at a time to prevent changing behavior towards your favorite websites.
6. If it prompts, please confirm your actions.
7. Next, we will need to clear the Cache. Back at the Safari Preferences window, choose Advanced tab.
8. Navigate to the bottom and activate Show Develop menu in menu bar.
9. Go to Safari menu, choose on Develop from the drop down list and click on on Empty Caches.
10. Next thing to do is to restore the Homepage to your preference and remove the one from Redirect-path.com.
11. Back at the Safari Preferences window, click on General tab.
12. Under Homepage section, type your desired URL to be the default start-up page.
13. Lastly, make sure to have the right Search Engine.
14. Go back to Safari Preferences window and click on Search tab.
15. Select your desired Search tool under the Search engine section.
16. You may not restart Safari browser.
How to remove Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website . It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for .
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on .
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.