Malware known as “browser hijackers” infects web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome. It modifies browser settings, causes the appearance of numerous ads, and reroutes browser pages to undesired destinations. Browser hijackers include Readytodistribute.com, for instance.
Readytodistribute.com is a component of the PUP known as Ready To Distribute. This application was created by its creators with the intention of infecting computers and serving malicious purposes like phishing and fraud. Since Readytodistribute.com is an undesirable program, it has the ability to monitor both online users’ personal information and browser activity. It will modify browser settings after spying. The default settings for the home page, new tab page, and search engine will be used.
To compel web users to utilize it for their online searches, Readytodistribute.com has its own website, which is injected into the browser application. Now, Readytodistribute.com may run a variety of advertisements, including banner campaigns, pop-up surveys, discount coupons, and commercial commercials. When clicked, these advertisements may lead to dubious web pages that are misleading. Redirects can also be produced by Readytodistribute.com; these pop-ups might occur at any time while internet users are browsing. It can direct users to a variety of questionable websites, including adult-related, sale-based, and illegal streaming platforms. These browser errors will persist as long as Readytodistribute.com is installed on the computer.
The risks of having Readytodistribute.com
Additionally, Readytodistribute.com may be dangerous for computer security, particularly for web users’ privacy and security. As previously noted, it has the ability to track information stored on the browser, whether it be personal or non-personal information. Recording browser activity (such as search terms, visited URL’s, or clicked advertisements) and real-world information (such as passwords, contact information, and credit card and bank account information) might be shared with others with the goal of committing an online crime.
Before using an application, it is extremely simple to install it first. However, careless app installation can introduce PUP’s or adware into computers. Through the bundling of apps on the internet, such harmful software can spread. Freeware that can be installed is accessible on some download sites. Developers can take advantage of this opportunity to distribute malicious software such as Readytodistribute.com. It will go through installation alongside additional programs when it is included in bundles. PUP and adware typically infiltrate computers without the knowledge of online users. So, be careful while installing or downloading software, and especially pick a reliable source for such apps.
Readytodistribute.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting browser hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of browser hijacker like Readytodistribute.com through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Readytodistribute.com, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Readytodistribute.com hijacker including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows includes Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Delete Readytodistribute.com Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Readytodistribute.com.
Remove Readytodistribute.com Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Readytodistribute.com or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Readytodistribute.com Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Readytodistribute.com and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Readytodistribute.com is also gone from the homepage.
Remove Readytodistribute.com Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Readytodistribute.com from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete unwanted entry from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Readytodistribute.com is still present on the IE browser and there are still unwanted homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Readytodistribute.com or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Readytodistribute.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-virus tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Readytodistribute.com that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Readytodistribute.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Readytodistribute.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Readytodistribute.com browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Readytodistribute.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces hijacking, redirects, and pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Readytodistribute.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Readytodistribute.com. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with the hijacker.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Readytodistribute.com. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Readytodistribute.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Readytodistribute.com. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Readytodistribute.com.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Readytodistribute.com extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Readytodistribute.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Readytodistribute.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Readytodistribute.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.