To have one-click access to favorite email account right at the homepage and new tab is the primary selling point of QuickLogin. In addition, it offers quick links on homepage to easily log in to popular mail servers like Gmail or Yahoo. Hence, for this features to be at hand, users must allow QuickLogin to override browser settings, allowing this unwanted application to have control on the browser and change the configuration if necessary.
QuickLogin is a multi-browser adware that can infiltrate two of the most widely utilized internet application – Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Authors behind this questionable applet are scouting several possible methods to trespass the browser without user’s awareness. To accomplish this approach, adware makers choose to enclose their invention with freeware like games, utilities, media players, download manager, and software update.
This software bundling technique has been so effective that adware developers learns to freely distribute their product and randomly reach their target. Obviously, web users who frequently acquire freeware and shareware from distrusted sources are the most vulnerable to this attack. By merely trusting and relying on cost-less application, they embrace the installation of surplus apps that are part of the freeware and QuickLogin could be one of it.
The entry of QuickLogin on Google Chrome or Firefox browser will not only cause homepage hijacking, but most of all, it can be a factor for exposing user’s online private data. Embedded code on this adware is tasked to monitor browsing habit, favorite websites, and logs any user’s input on search bar of QuickLogin.
Only way to restore confidence on browser application and to restore online security is to cease the operation of QuickLogin. Complete procedures to remove this unsolicited extension are the point of discussion on the next segment.
Online Security Scanner Report for Quicklogin.io
|Online Scanner||Scan Findings||Updated on||Google Safe Browsing||No unsafe content found||Oct. 21, 2020|
|Norton Safe Web||Safe||Oct. 21, 2020|
|Sucuri SiteCheck||Low Security Risk||Oct. 21, 2020|
QuickLogin Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Quicklogin.io hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete QuickLogin Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to QuickLogin.
Remove QuickLogin Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find QuickLogin or relevant entry like Quicklogin.io and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall QuickLogin Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to QuickLogin and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Quicklogin.io is also gone from the homepage.
Remove QuickLogin Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of QuickLogin from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete Quicklogin.io from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If QuickLogin is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from Quicklogin.io, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select QuickLogin or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove QuickLogin automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like QuickLogin that assigns Quicklogin.io as the homepage URL.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to QuickLogin.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including QuickLogin and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the QuickLogin browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Quicklogin.io still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of QuickLogin on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Quicklogin.io pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by QuickLogin.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to QuickLogin. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Quicklogin.io.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by QuickLogin. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with QuickLogin. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from QuickLogin. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of QuickLogin.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed QuickLogin extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to QuickLogin. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. QuickLogin should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by QuickLogin and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Post Last Modified On October 21, 2020