Quick Speedup 2018 may appear as valid PC optimization software at first glance. In fact, it is promoted as a tool that is designed and tested with maximum care to keep computer running smooth, fast and error free. However, it is also stated that to achieve these result, user must pay for the activated version of Quick Speedup 2018.
Forcing users to purchase a program without letting them to test it in full working version is somehow suspicious. This is contradictory to most valid programs that are giving at least 30-days trial period before user can decide to procure the product. In addition, Quick Speedup 2018 normally enters the computer unsolicited. It is typically bundled to suspicious freeware and third party application. Installing Quick Speedup 2018 may also add extra PUP onto the system, called Driver Updater.
If Quick Speedup 2018 is fully installed, it runs a scan from time-to-time. Then, it reminds user on possible malware and PUP threats. To trick users even more, it will reveal invalid registry items that are heavily affecting the system performance. Errors in start-up, software related, and many other bogus finding will surface as added scare tactics.
In the end, Quick Speedup 2018 just wants to force user to click on “Start Repair” button to proceed with the fix. On this process, browser window will open up prompting to register the program and demand payment from victims. It will ask for users credentials including bank information that it will used to process the billing.
Purchasing the registered version of Quick Speedup 2018 does not really fix troubles on the computer. There is no issue to manage in the first place. What it projects during the scan are just mere false findings. Therefore, we highly suggest removal of Quick Speedup 2018 as soon as possible. Follow the guide below to effectively remove this rogue program.
Quick Speedup 2018 Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Quick Speedup 2018 from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Quick Speedup 2018 from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Quick Speedup 2018 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Quick Speedup 2018 using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Quick Speedup 2018 . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Quick Speedup 2018 entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Quick Speedup 2018 have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Quick Speedup 2018.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.