Quick Mac Fixer is another rogue security and optimizer software that claims to provide basic and advanced tune-up for Mac OS computers. This program was found to be invasive as it can break into the computer without the realization of users. Furthermore, Quick Mac Fixer can evade some anti-virus program because it normally enters Mac with the backing of several freeware and shareware.
Several deceitful ad campaigns are also promoting the download and installation of Quick Mac Fixer. Usually, these ads are masquerading as system alerts exhibiting several system failures and issues. Then, it prompts web user to download Quick Mac Fixer locally to be able to scan the computer. Once downloaded, Quick Mac Fixer will initiate the next attack and the objective is to convince Mac user to pay for its full version.
Quick Mac Fixer is a Rogue Application
Official website promotes Quick Mac Fixer as valuable Mac utility that is necessary in keeping the computer safe and attuned. This is the reason why some Mac users are persuaded to download and install it on their computer. To further convince user, Quick Mac Fixer constantly display its features that appears to be essential. Like for example, list of the said function will appear during downloading, installation, and while it is performing self-scan on the computer. Here are some of the benefit it claims that Mac user may avail:
- Quick Mac Fixer detects, view, and clean useless and junk files
- It has App Manager to help Mac user properly handle applications
- Quick Mac Fixer administer start-up boot time
- The tool can remove duplicate and invaluable large files
- Provide round the clock technical support
Quick Mac Fixer seems to be legitimate at first glance because of these features. However, Mac user must know that it belongs to a notorious rogue software family PCVARK. Most optimization and security tools from this clan are identified to be harmful.
Overall, Quick Mac Fixer was made to swindle money from Mac users by playing as valuable application. It displays false warnings and alerts about detected issues and prompts immediate fix by purchasing the Quick Mac Fixer registration key. Furthermore, it persistently displays the same fake alerts that would be too distracting to Mac user’s computing activities. Thus, to restore orderly on Mac computer, immediate removal of Quick Mac Fixer is recommended. Please execute the steps below in exact order to clean the computer and get rid of Quick Mac Fixer completely.
Procedures to Remove Quick Mac Fixer
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac system.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Quick Mac Fixer. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Quick Mac Fixer.
6. As shown in the image below, Combo Cleaner accurately detects Quick Mac Fixer rogue program. Proceed with the removal of the virus by upgrading Combo Cleaner to full version.
Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Quit Quick Mac Fixer Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Quick Mac Fixer window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Quick Mac Fixer. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Quick Mac Fixer. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Quick Mac Fixer Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Quick Mac Fixer during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Quick Mac Fixer.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Quick Mac Fixer from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
As stated, the creation of Login Items or profile is case-to-case basis. Some unwanted application may add their entry on this section but others are not concern on making one. So, if Quick Mac Fixer Login item is not present, please continue with the succeeding steps.
Step 4: Delete Quick Mac Fixer Application
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Quick Mac Fixer or any unwanted program.
4. Drag the Quick Mac Fixer to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 5 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Quick Mac Fixer
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
- Quick Mac Fixer.app
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Quick Mac Fixer to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 6 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Quick Mac Fixer.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Quick Mac Fixer is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.