QnetSpeedup is a phony computer optimization software made specifically for Windows system. When viewing the official website, a user may be convinced that it as valid tool that was designed with utmost care to keep their PC running smooth, fast, and trouble-free. However, on the view of computer security experts, QnetSpeedup is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that adapts the malicious behaviors of previous variants like Smart ACPC, Brarva Speedup, and Chrono Speedup. Overall, these are rogue security and optimization tools that are a complete remake of the notorious PC Accelerate Pro malware.
Sources of QnetSpeedup infection
Naive and careless computer users may intentionally obtain QnetSpeedup from its official website. On the other hand, some users got this rogue program by chance. QnetSpeedup makers are applying software bundling technique to deploy a copy and run a stealthy installation process on victim’s computer.
After complete installation of QnetSpeedup, it will quickly run a system scan even if users did not initialize this checkup. Then, it reveals scan results showing a bunch of issues detected on PC systems. As usual, QnetSpeedup advises to fix alleged problems, but user must shell out some money first for the registered version of the product.
QnetSpeedup is a rogue tool
Please remember that purchasing the endorsed repair tool is not recommended. QnetSpeedup is another conduit used by online schemer to gain profit while employing a bad marketing habit. From scanning to detection, QnetSpeedup did nothing but to pretend as if it is a functional tool. Errors, duplicate files, hard drive clutter, and malware detection it finds are all false claims to scare its victims. This is a worthless program and is considered rogue by computer security experts.
To stop seeing fictitious alerts and warnings generated by QnetSpeedup, the best course of action is to remove it from your computer. As mentioned, acquiring the registered version of this program is a waste of money. Complete guide to remove this unwanted application is provided on the next section.
Please take note of the files and folders relevant to QnetSpeedup. You may need to delete them manually if left behind after the removal process. These files can be found under the Program Files folder.
- Qnet Speedup (32 bit).exe
- Qnet Speed Run.exe
- Qnet Speedup Logic.exe
QnetSpeedup Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like QnetSpeedup through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like QnetSpeedup, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete QnetSpeedup rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of QnetSpeedup
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for QnetSpeedup and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall QnetSpeedup from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select QnetSpeedup from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove QnetSpeedup unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds QnetSpeedup and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of QnetSpeedup using Anti-malware Program
To remove QnetSpeedup automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like QnetSpeedup that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to QnetSpeedup.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.