Official website of Qbit Speedup Pro promotes the program as a tool that optimizes system performance. It claims to have optimization features like threats removal, registry error fixer, and modules that boost system startup. The same features are offered by dozens of similar products like Auto PC Care, Qbit System Care, One Click Speedup, and so on. Undeniably, these mentioned programs are rogue applications that originate from one developer. Qbit Speedup Pro is just a mimic of the previous versions and therefore it adopts most of the misleading scheme it implements in persuading users to pay for the registered edition.
Qbit Speedup Pro is typically hosted on unknown websites where web users are redirected after visiting malicious web pages that masquerades as online system scanner. After checking web user’s computer, it will identify dozens of unwanted items and immediately notify that removal tool is needed to fix the issues. Subsequently, it redirects to web page where it process compulsory download and installation of Qbit Speedup Pro.
Once fully installed, the rogue program will initiate a local scan and anticipate that it will provide results worse than previous online tests. At this point, the objective of this malware is to scare users and have them consider the purchase of Qbit Speedup Pro to repair the issues. The fake warnings and pop-up alerts will prolong until such time that user activates the program through online payment processing website.
Keep in mind that aside from disbursing payment for the worthless system security and optimization tool, victim’s banking detail is also at risk because all the information used during online transaction are already in the possession of Qbit Speedup Pro creators. They may misuse collected records for succeeding fraudulent transactions.
Therefore, if presence of Qbit Speedup Pro is observed on the computer, the first thing to do is remove the rogue application and never submit banking details on its website. Full guide to get rid of Qbit Speedup Pro is provided below along with effective anti-virus and anti-malware tools.
Qbit Speedup Pro Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Qbit Speedup Pro from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Qbit Speedup Pro from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Qbit Speedup Pro and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Qbit Speedup Pro using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Qbit Speedup Pro . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Qbit Speedup Pro entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Qbit Speedup Pro have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Qbit Speedup Pro.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.