Another addition to the list of rogue system security and optimizer tool is called Qbit PC Speedup. The name bears the product line from notorious PCVARK group that also created infamous similar applications like Qbit Clean Pro, Qbit System Care, and many more. Each of the products is obviously derived from older prototype. With Qbit PC Speedup, nothing is new except from the title. Everything else like graphical user interface (GUI), scan emulation, and registration procedures are unchanged.
Since Qbit PC Speedup is a rogue tool, expect it to initiate thorough system scan after installation. This is part of its fraudulent scheme in influencing users to obtain the paid version. Additionally, Qbit PC Speedup will flood the screen with excessive pop-ups alerts and warnings stating variety of troubles on the system like malware/PUP threats, software issues, startup problems, and so on.
The rogue application will continue to produce false information relating to MS Windows technical glitches as pursuant to convince users to deal with the problems with urgency. In this manner, there is a higher chance of selling the registered version of Qbit PC Speedup when user decided to click on “Start Repair” button. Same with most counterfeit application, this questionable system optimizer requires payment before it can activate the full working edition. While inside the computer and running as trial copy, Qbit PC Speedup continuously issues bogus system alerts with annoying reminders to activate the program.
It is clear at this point that every unwanted items identified by Qbit PC Speedup are merely speculation and do not really exists. The only valid threat is the fake scanner itself. Therefore, we highly suggest removing Qbit PC Speedup as soon as possible using the procedures and valid scanners from this page.
Qbit PC Speedup Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Qbit PC Speedup from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Qbit PC Speedup from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Qbit PC Speedup and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Qbit PC Speedup using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Qbit PC Speedup . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Qbit PC Speedup entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Qbit PC Speedup have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Qbit PC Speedup.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Post Last Modified On April 3, 2019