Privacy Switch is deemed as adware that was made compatible with Google Chrome browser. Its official website endorsed this tool as an extension that blocks any tracking programs from your online searches. Privacy Switch also claims to use top of the line encryption method to keep your search results safe and private.
With offered security features, no one may think that Privacy Switch is also an offender. It is clearly stated on their site that this program also collects several information from the computer that includes search inquiries, browser version and type, IP addresses, operating system, and other hardware and software data. However, unlike most adware, Privacy Switch never gathers identifiable information from computer users.
When Privacy Switch is running on the computer, it may have an effect on browser’s homepage and search settings. Search.myprivacyswitch.com will be the new homepage, new tab, and search tool. It will also integrate security and privacy features to Google Chrome browser. On the side of end-user, there is no way to verify if Privacy Switch is really performing its tasks. Its appearance on the browser does not necessary confirms that you have total privacy when using the internet.
If you are not certain on the functions of Privacy Switch and wanted to remove it from the computer, we have simple ways on this page. Privacy Switch makers provided an easy access button where you can uninstall the extension without going through the hard process. Please see the guide below.
Online Security Scanner Report for myprivacyswitch.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 8, 2018|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Updated: Jan. 8, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Jan. 8, 2018|
Privacy Switch Removal Guide
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Privacy Switch
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Privacy Switch or ClientConnect entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Privacy Switch. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Privacy Switch from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Privacy Switch on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Privacy Switch from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Privacy Switch Uninstall Settings
1. Click on Privacy Switch settings icon that is located on Google Chrome browser’s toolbar.
2. Next, click on Uninstall link.
3. Wait for the dropdown confirmation box to appear.
4. Click Yes to automatically remove Privacy Switch from Chrome.
Option 2 – Delete Relevant Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Privacy Switch from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Privacy Switch by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Privacy Switch removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 3 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Privacy Switch. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Privacy Switch. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.