Pdfconverterguru.com is a malicious domain that adware makers are using to promote an unwanted search engine. If browser program is showing this URL as homepage or start-up item, it only implies that computer is under adware attack. Normally, user have do not give authority for Pdfconverterguru.com to be installed on the computer. It uses sneaky tactics like deceitful promotions or bundling its code to several freeware and shareware and make them available online as free downloadable apps. But so far, the latter technique is favored by creators of Pdfconverterguru.com.
Browser extension of Pdfconverterguru.com (PDF Converter Guru or File Conversion Now) is normally bundled to a number of freeware that web users may download from several hosts. Though the freeware download is intentional, installation of Pdfconverterguru.com is often without user’s permission. While installing the free software, it does not divulge that the setup process will likewise load Pdfconverterguru.com on the default browser application. Therefore, after finishing the installation of the carrier program, Pdfconverterguru.com becomes part of internet software even without the approval of computer user.
Computer users often assess the abnormal entry and appearance of Pdfconverterguru.com on browser as one kind of virus infection. Technically, this threat is not classified as virus. It is not infectious and does not affect the operating system or other applications. However, it can lead to additional computer risks and infection if not eliminated at once. Therefore, we highly suggest immediate removal of Pdfconverterguru.com browser hijacker using the systematic approach as presented on this page. It is also important that you scan the computer with recommended anti-virus and anti-malware tools to find and delete harmful objects associated to Pdfconverterguru.com.
Pdfconverterguru.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Pdfconverterguru.com hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete Pdfconverterguru.com Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Pdfconverterguru.com.
Remove Pdfconverterguru.com Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Pdfconverterguru.com or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Pdfconverterguru.com Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Pdfconverterguru.com and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Pdfconverterguru.com is also gone from the homepage.
Remove Pdfconverterguru.com Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Pdfconverterguru.com from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete Pdfconverterguru.com from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Pdfconverterguru.com is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from Pdfconverterguru.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Pdfconverterguru.com or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove Pdfconverterguru.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Pdfconverterguru.com that assigns Pdfconverterguru.com as the homepage URL.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Pdfconverterguru.com.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Pdfconverterguru.com and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Pdfconverterguru.com browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Pdfconverterguru.com still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Pdfconverterguru.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Pdfconverterguru.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Pdfconverterguru.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Pdfconverterguru.com. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Pdfconverterguru.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Pdfconverterguru.com. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Pdfconverterguru.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Pdfconverterguru.com. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Pdfconverterguru.com.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Pdfconverterguru.com extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Pdfconverterguru.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Pdfconverterguru.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Pdfconverterguru.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Get rid of Pdfconverterguru.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Pdfconverterguru.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Pdfconverterguru.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Pdfconverterguru.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Pdfconverterguru.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Pdfconverterguru.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Pdfconverterguru.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Pdfconverterguru.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Pdfconverterguru.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Pdfconverterguru.com pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Pdfconverterguru.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Pdfconverterguru.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Pdfconverterguru.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
Post Last Modified On July 11, 2020