PDF Searchio or Pdfsearchio.com is a browser hijacker created for the sole purpose of modifying web browser settings without the computer user’s knowledge. Technically, PDF Searchio changes the home page, new tab page, and default search engine of the browser into Pdfsearchio.com. Apart from that, this adware injects advertisements that automatically redirect the web user to malicious websites. Such sites may include sale-based sites, adult web pages, illicit streaming platforms, or scams and phishing sites. Unfortunately, PDF Searchio is capable of collecting and recording valuable information about the web user. It collects stored data from the browser including the browsing habits, bank account credentials, or any private details.
The majority of browser hijackers are often installed along with free software from distrusted websites. As for PDF Searchio, there are times that it arrives on the computer via embedded code within the visited site, clicked ad, or pop-up. In some cases, PDF Searchio is endorsed as a legitimate program.
The effects of PDF Searchio on the computer sometimes are not limited only to the browser. PDF Searchio can make certain modifications beyond the browser. In other words, the presence of PDF Searchio on the computer can lead to contamination of the operating system. Tolerating the effects of PDF Searchio can result in severe disruption of the web user online experience; most especially if the ads are displaying on the browser consistently. The best solution to these issues is removing PDF Searchio from the computer.
Web user can eliminate PDF Searchio by installing and running anti-virus or anti-malware software. Moreover, web user should be attentive in the installation process of certain free software downloaded from unsafe sites. Such freeware might include PDF Searchio as an extra program. The full installation of the chosen software and its additional program may take place, whether web users decided to opt-out or not.
PDF Searchio Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer. The guide includes procedures to remove the unwanted URL Pdfsearchio.com that may have taken over the homepage.
In order to totally eliminate the adware PDF Searchio and its relevant malicious domain Pdfsearchio.com, it is vital to follow the remove process in exact manner.
Instant Removal : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove PDF Searchio automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like PDF Searchio that slows down online browsing activities. Right after the threat removal, the unwanted web address Pdfsearchio.com from homepage is expected to be eliminated too.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to PDF Searchio as well as Pdfsearchio.com pop-ups and hijacker.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats because one of those might be the responsible for showing of PDF Searchio. Please restart the computer when necessary.
The chances of stopping Pdfsearchio.com pop-ups or redirects is also possible after the threat removal. If it still remains, please follow the Pdfsearchio.com pop-up removal guide.
The computer should now be free from PDF Searchio. If you feel that the above solution is not sufficient in getting rid of the browser hijacker, please proceed with the succeeding steps.
Step 1 : Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using an add-on called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. This is the reason why Pdfsearchio.com is set on homepage and search tool. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to PDF Searchio.
Remove PDF Searchio Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find PDF Searchio or relevant entry like Pdfsearchio.com and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall PDF Searchio Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to PDF Searchio or Pdfsearchio.com and remove it from the browser.
Remove PDF Searchio Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of PDF Searchio from Toolbars and Extension and remove Pdfsearchio.com Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If PDF Searchio is still present on the IE browser and homepage is still under the control of Pdfsearchio.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select PDF Searchio or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of PDF Searchio on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications that also causes Pdfsearchio.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by PDF Searchio and Pdfsearchio.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions (PDF Searchio), plug-ins, adware, and pop-up makers like Pdfsearchio.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for PDF Searchio and any possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, as well as unwanted homepage like Pdfsearchio.com.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like PDF Searchio. The tool is also helpful in eliminating the source of Pdfsearchio.com pop-ups and redirects.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to PDF Searchio and other suspicious entities that redirects the homepage to Pdfsearchio.com. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option : Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from PDF Searchio
Not all adware and PUP's are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instance, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If PDF Searchio is still bothering you after completing all the steps above and Pdfsearchio.com pop-ups and homepage remains, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete PDF Searchio
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete PDF Searchio, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by PDF Searchio adware and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating "Give Firefox a Tune Up". Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. PDF Searchio should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox. Homepage should now reveal the legitimate URL and not Pdfsearchio.com.
How to remove Pdfsearchio.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Pdfsearchio.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Pdfsearchio.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Pdfsearchio.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Pdfsearchio.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Pdfsearchio.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Pdfsearchio.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Pdfsearchio.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Pdfsearchio.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Pdfsearchio.com pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Pdfsearchio.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Pdfsearchio.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Pdfsearchio.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.