PDF Search HD is promoted as browser extension that can improve online browsing and searching of computer users. Aside from utilizing online ads, PDF Search HD is engaging in intrusive entry on the computer while applying different deceitful tactics. Due to this approach of forceful entry, computer security analyst prefer to include PDF Search HD on the list of potentially unwanted program (PUP). Furthermore, there will be unwelcome changes in internet browser application that overrides the preferences of web user like assigning Pdfsearchhd.com as the default homepage and search provider.
PDF Search HD is an Adware
Similar to other editions as Search Streamly, PDF Converter Search 4 Free, and IMovieSearch, PDF Search HD is an adware. Having said that, expect that as long as this adware is present on the computer, the affected browser program will continue issuing advertisements in different forms. For example, online user may encounter aggressive pop-up ads while browsing the internet. Same thing with redirect, destination pages may keep on rerouting to different landing pages not requested by online users. PDF Search HD also shows pop-ups from the push notification window as part of its ad campaign. Overall, this intrusive online marketing campaign operation of PDF Search HD could cause too much distraction to web users.
PDF Search HD Gathers Browsing Data
Browser threat such as this one is not only annoying due to pushy ad campaign. It has module to track on the web user’s browsing activities and collecting data like search keyword, favorite websites, visited pages, and IP address is part of this task. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that PDF Search HD adware is going to ignore web user’s credentials like username, passwords, and contact details as the majority of adware are known to be gathering these types of sensitive data.
There is actually no privacy on the existence of PDF Search HD on the internet browser program. Much more, computer security is at risks due to redirection of browser pages to various malicious sites. Therefore, we recommend the immediate removal of PDF Search HD as soon as it is spotted on the browser. Complete guide is outlined below together with virus and malware scanners.
Online Security Scanner Report for Pdfsearchhd.com
|Online Scanner||Scan Findings||Updated on||Google Safe Browsing||No available data||Nov. 04, 2020|
|Norton Safe Web||Not Yet Rated||Nov. 04, 2020|
|Sucuri SiteCheck||Low Security Risk||Nov. 04, 2020|
PDF Search HD Removal Procedure for PC
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Pdfsearchhd.com hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete PDF Search HD Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to PDF Search HD.
Remove PDF Search HD Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find PDF Search HD or relevant entry like Pdfsearchhd.com and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall PDF Search HD Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to PDF Search HD and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Pdfsearchhd.com is also gone from the homepage.
Remove PDF Search HD Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of PDF Search HD from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete Pdfsearchhd.com from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If PDF Search HD is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from Pdfsearchhd.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select PDF Search HD or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove PDF Search HD automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful malware and virus removal tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like PDF Search HD that assigns Pdfsearchhd.com as the homepage URL.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like PDF Search HD.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to PDF Search HD and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The chances of stopping Pdfsearchhd.com pop-ups or redirects is also possible after the threat removal. If it still remains, please follow the Pdfsearchhd.com pop-up removal guide.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the PDF Search HD browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Pdfsearchhd.com still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of PDF Search HD on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Pdfsearchhd.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by PDF Search HD.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to PDF Search HD. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Pdfsearchhd.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
In addition to the procedures above, resetting the affected browser program and clearing the cache are extra methods to completely eliminate PDF Search HD. You can execute the guide on resetting internet browser below.
Procedures to Remove PDF Search HD from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove the subject malicious browser extension from internet software. In the same manner, the procedure is helpful in stopping Pdfsearchhd.com pop-ups and browser hijacking activities.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser extension like PDF Search HD that is responsible for displaying Pdfsearchhd.com homepage and pop-ups. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing PDF Search HD.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat. The following guides are also vital in deleting Pdfsearchhd.com from the browser configuration.
Step 1 : Delete PDF Search HD from Mac Applications
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find PDF Search HD or any unwanted program.
4. Drag PDF Search HD to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to PDF Search HD
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plug-ins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located PDF Search HD or any relevant item like Pdfsearchhd.com, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed PDF Search HD
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
The term unknown is just a representation of the actual malware name. It is normally an unfamiliar file name such as the following:
- PDFSearchHD, PDF Searchio, PDFtSearch
On some occassions, the malware is represented by a domain name that is closely related to the subject. Like in this case, it can be Pdfsearchhd.com.
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing PDF Search HD to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
Important: Take note of all the suspicious files as you may also delete the same item on another folder as we go on.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Please restart the computer.
7. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
8. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step 4. Drag them to the Trash.
9. Repeat the process on the following non-hidden folders (without ~):
Optional : For locked files that cannot be removed, do the following:
1. Go to Launchpad and open Activity Monitor (Under Utilities or Other Folder).
2. Select the process you want to quit.
3. Click on Force Quit button.
4. You may now delete or remove locked files that belongs to PDF Search HD browser extension or Pdfsearchhd.com homepage hijacker.
Step 4 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including the PDF Search HD malware and Pdfsearchhd.com browser hijacker and pop-up provider.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, PDF Search HD is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 5 : Delete PDF Search HD Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs PDF Search HD during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs PDF Search HD.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select PDF Search HD, , or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by PDF Search HD. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select , PDF Search HD or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with PDF Search HD.
There's More... Reset Internet Browser Apps (PC and Mac)
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with PDF Search HD. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from PDF Search HD. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of PDF Search HD.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed PDF Search HD extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to PDF Search HD. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. PDF Search HD should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by PDF Search HD and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Clear the Safari Internet Browser (Mac)
1. Open your Safari browser application.
2. In the Safari menu, click on Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On Preferences window, please select the Privacy tab.
4. Click on Manage Website Data button.
5. Select unwanted entry like PDF Search HD and click the Remove button. If you choose to Remove All, you may be logout from most visited websites and online services. Therefore, we advise to remove suspicious item one at a time to prevent changing behavior towards your favorite websites.
6. If it prompts, please confirm your actions.
7. Next, we will need to clear the Cache. Back at the Safari Preferences window, choose Advanced tab.
8. Navigate to the bottom and activate Show Develop menu in menu bar.
9. Go to Safari menu, choose on Develop from the drop down list and click on on Empty Caches.
10. Next thing to do is to restore the Homepage to your preference and remove the one from PDF Search HD.
11. Back at the Safari Preferences window, click on General tab.
12. Under Homepage section, type your desired URL to be the default start-up page.
13. Lastly, make sure to have the right Search Engine.
14. Go back to Safari Preferences window and click on Search tab.
15. Select your desired Search tool under the Search engine section.
16. You may not restart Safari browser.
How to remove Pdfsearchhd.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Pdfsearchhd.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Pdfsearchhd.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Pdfsearchhd.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Pdfsearchhd.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Pdfsearchhd.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Pdfsearchhd.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Pdfsearchhd.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Pdfsearchhd.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Pdfsearchhd.com pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Pdfsearchhd.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Pdfsearchhd.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Pdfsearchhd.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.