After several tests, we found out that PCRegFixer is bundled to some adware. This can be dangerous when run on the computer. PCRegFixer may have indirect relation to bundled programs; however, this type of deployment method is only evident to malicious programs. Questionable files attached to PCRegFixer may not be as dangerous as computer virus, but somehow may endanger the privacy of its user.
PCRegFixer is presented as a tool to optimize your PC. It scans the computer and helps you free-up spaces by deleting duplicated files and folders. It could be a useful tool if not only for the annoyances that it brings. PCRegFixer is ad-supported software. Meaning, it needs to pop-up ads on your computer in order to generate online profit. This is the reason why some software are provided free. Their objective is to earn via ads and other online promotion.
To give you targeted and appealing ads, PCRegFixer is equipped with a code that monitors your browsing habit. It records every visited web sites, search queries, and products you are opting to purchase online. PCRegFixer may also steal sensitive data and personal information.
In general, users who are dealing with PCRegFixer may experience not only pop-up advertisements. It may also cause browser redirects as part of its advertising venture. Another purpose of PCRegFixer is to generate web traffics pointing to partners web sites. Overall, these are vital for online advertising and promotion.
To stop PCRegFixer from bothering you, this adware needs to be eliminated. Below are procedures to help you delete this adware totally. Scan the computer with suggested anti-malware and anti-virus tools to ensure that there will be no more remains of PCRegFixer.
Online Security Scanner Report for pcregfixer.online:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Aug. 16, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Aug. 16, 2017|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Aug. 16, 2017|
PCRegFixer Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall PCRegFixer from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select PCRegFixer from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program. If it prompts “Are you sure you want to uninstall PCREGFIXER?” please click Yes.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds PCRegFixer and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of PCRegFixer using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for PCRegFixer . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all PCRegFixer entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that PCRegFixer have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to PCRegFixer.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.