It is a big relief knowing that there are applications, which can handle almost all the troubles and issues on the computer. It is a fact that not all security and optimization tool can offer features like Malware Cleaner, Start-up Optimizer, Disk Defragments, Privacy Cleaner, System Optimizer, Registry Cleaner, File Repair, Junk Cleaner, Drive Update, and so on. One app that stands out among the rest and seems to wholly provide these features is called PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair.
What is PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair?
Although this application is bragging to have the entire security and optimization elements that computer users are looking for. Malware researchers are quick to react about this show off. In the first place, these experts claim that most of the features being offered by PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair are mimic from built-in elements of Windows operating system. In addition, even Microsoft developers are claiming that installing third-party system optimizer cannot boost the performance of the computer. According to them, there is no solid proof that PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair can surpass the performance of Windows’ integral elements including Drive Optimizer (Disk Defragmenter) and Disk Cleanup.
The truth is, PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair is classed as potentially unwanted program (PUP) or rogue software. It is dubbed ‘unwanted’ because majority of its installation is without the consent of computer users. The method that people behind this app are using is somehow intrusive. Unsolicited installation of PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair may have root from downloading dubious freeware where the rogue tool is embedded.
False Detection and Misleading Alerts
As soon as PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair is installed on the computer, it continuously runs a simulated scan that detects various issues and troubles. Looking at the image below, every pop-up of this program is accompanied by a ‘Fix Issue’ button as if the program is concerned on the troubled computer. Unfortunately, the extensive display of alerts for identified errors, virus infection, and so on are misleading tactics to influence user into obtaining the paid version of PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair.
Bear in mind that proceeding with the fix will open up a new window prompting for banking details. This is actually the payment processing page for PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair. Submitting this form allows the attacker to charge the credit card on file for a monthly recurring free. The sad thing is, most victims find it hard to cancel this subscription.
It is quite obvious that the goal of PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair is to sell the program and to achieve this, it constantly serves false detection and bogus warnings of issues that do not actually exists on the computer. The only solution to this computer menace is complete removal. For this reason, we have provide an easy guide on this page along with legitimate anti-virus and anti-malware tools. Please check the computer with these scanners to eliminate all malicious items belonging to PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair.
PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair using Anti-malware Program
To remove PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to PC Gold Optimizer and System Repair.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.