One Click Booster is rogue software made to scare victims by providing false information regarding dire security and system status. It came from the notorious PCVARK family of computer threats where most of their inventions are deceitful applications meant to swindle money from victims. Typically, all of their programs are distributed through malicious advertising campaign like pop-ups and redirects that pretends to be virus scanner, which states various system troubles and prompts to download the installer package of One Click Booster. This malware is also taking advantages of hacked websites where attackers have injected corrupt code that automates the download and installation of One Click Booster on visitor’s computer.
As soon as the rogue security and optimization tool is installed, it immediately runs a thorough scan and surprisingly detects hundreds of potentially unwanted objects in a matter of seconds. In addition, One Click Booster also reveals various registry errors, start-up problems, and other troubles that are causing system slow down. User’s attempt to repair supposed conflicts will lead to the purchase of the program where it opens a browser window to process online payment. One Click Booster will not proceed unless users pay for the full working version of this rogue product. A clear indication that it was made solely as rip off application that employs intimidation tactics to trick on unsuspecting users.
Aside from One Click Booster, victims may also mess with bundled app called Driver Updater. As you can see in the image below, the bogus Windows driver tool is included in the installation of the rogue system optimizer. In most cases, users need to remove these two malicious programs in order to restore their computer to its previous pristine working condition. Complete guide to accomplish the task of cleaning Windows system is provided below. Please execute the instructions in exact order to ensure effective removal of One Click Booster.
One Click Booster Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall One Click Booster from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select One Click Booster from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds One Click Booster and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of One Click Booster using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for One Click Booster . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all One Click Booster entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that One Click Booster have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to One Click Booster.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.