Note2Post is a Google Chrome extension with main goal of redirecting homepage to own search provider. To accomplish this task, this unwanted program did certain modification on the browser even without approval from user. Though it is frustrating for victims to see the unsolicited changes on their homepage and search settings, they are the only one to hold responsible for this adware attack.
Typically, Note2Post and most potentially unwanted program like this enter the computer by taking advantage of freeware and software bundles. Creators of free applications receive payment from adware creators by including the PUP into their freeware and additional compensation is allotted for every successful installation. So, if Note2Post is present on the computer, it may have arrived alongside recently downloaded free program.
Another online distribution scheme by Note2Post is through malicious advertising campaign. Pop-ups and redirects emerging on the browser are other sources of adware infection. It is unknown to user that most of these pop-ups are employing deceiving tactics and single click on any part of the suspicious page will result to unwelcome and discrete installation of Note2Post.
The changes of Note2Post on the browser seem to be permanent. There is no use exerting effort into restoring the homepage by adjusting the settings and assigned URL. As long as the Note2Post or NoteTwoPost extension is residing on the browser, it will keep on dominating the configuration of Google Chrome. Therefore, it is vital to remove the extension first in order to restore the browser to its previous normal working condition. Full guide to accomplish this task is provided below.
Note2Post Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove Note2Post from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove Note2Post from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If Note2Post persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Note2Post from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Note2Post or NoteTwoPost by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Note2Post removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Note2Post. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Note2Post. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Note2Post
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Note2Post entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Note2Post.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Note2Post and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Note2Post. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.