If Need4search.com resides on home page or new tab of your browser program, we suppose that it is infected with Adware. You may have downloaded and installed freeware where it is bundled. It is a common practice for freeware makers these days to attach a set of programs into their distribution. Sadly, adware or browser hijacker like Need4search.com can be one of the content. Common programs that adopt this deceptive circulation of adware are download manager, utilities, media players, free games, and bogus software update.
During installation of such freeware, Need4search.com and other part of the bundles likewise loads onto the computer unknown to user. Installation of such PUP is carried out in discreet manner so that user may not intervene with the process.
When successfully installed, adware instantly alters browser configuration. It ads extension and set default home page and search engine to Need4search.com. This trait is very similar to the ways of Mysecuresearch.net and Mysearch.sweetpacks.com, a known variant of this browser hijacker.
Due to these unwanted changes made on the browser, some computer users deemed Need4search.com as some form of virus attack. Home page hijacker is not technically computer virus. They fit the description of Adware or potentially unwanted program (PUP). This family of threat is less hazardous and not as damaging as computer virus or malware. Frequently, their targets are internet browsers currently installed on the computer.
Even if Need4search.com is not deemed as virus, there is still harm on this adware. In fact, paid advertising links it produces on custom search results may lead your browser to malicious sites hosting malware. Thus, it is highly advise to remove Need4search.com from your computer as soon as possible.
Online Security Scanner Report for need4search.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Aug. 11, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||Aug. 11, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Aug. 11, 2016|
Need4search.com Browser Hijacker Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Need4search.com home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Need4search.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Need4search.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Need4search.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Need4search.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Need4search.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Need4search.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Need4search.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Google Chrome Settings to remove Need4search.com
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Need4search.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings to remove Need4search.com
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Need4search.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please view instructions here.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Configuration to remove Need4search.com
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Need4search.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Need4search.com home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.