MyTVTab is an ad-supported software that can be integrated to Chrome browser without user’s consent. This adware is very aggressive in penetrating computer using several methods. It was found out that MyTVTab is bundled to most copies of freeware and shareware.
To give you easy access to favorite TV streaming sites is how MyTVTab is promoted. It could be a useful program tool especially for TV show fanatics, if not only for some suspicious changes it has made on the browser. This adware will add new tab and toolbars on your browser without asking for approval. Your home page settings will not be spared by this adware because Tvtabsearch.com will be assigned as your default search engine.
Other programs in the same group are MoviesNewTab and MyRadioTab. We pointed out how risky it is to have this type of adware on the computer. It is too bothering for users to see excessive ads coming from MyTVTab. It floods the screen and redirects your web pages to unknown address.
In addition, presence of MyTVTab can be the ground for identity theft. This adware constantly monitors how you surf the web. It records visited sites, search inquiries, and other relevant online data. As you have notice, MyTVTab is very much concerned how you use the internet. After collecting information, adware developers plan to serve selected advertisements that are appealing to you.
It is very obvious that MyTVTab was made simply to benefit the publisher while it leaves no benefit to end-user. Thus, we highly suggest immediate removal of this adware. Follow the procedures and use our recommended tools to help you get rid of MyTVTab adware for good.
Online Security Scanner Report for lp.mytvtab.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||July 08, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||July 08, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||July 08, 2016|
How to Remove MyTVTab Adware from PC
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall MyTVTab
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove MyTVTab or Upside Innovations entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MyTVTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted MyTVTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of MyTVTab on the affected browser.