MyRadioTab is a browser extension that claims to allow users to listen to hundreds of free online radio stations. This program was designed specifically for Google Chrome browser. Upon installation of extension, MyRadioTab instantly changes certain settings on the browser affecting mainly home page and default search engine.
As explained on the official site, MyRadioTab takes the spot of new tab, you can access favorite radio channels from there. However, after thorough diagnostic, we uncover that MyRadioTab also replaces the home page and default search tool with address Radiotabsearch.com. It may appear like a valid search engine, but soon enough, user complains of constant browser redirect leading them to unsolicited web sites. This redirection is one major cause of malware infection. Thus, it is highly advice to remove MyRadioTab as soon as possible.
MyRadioTab and its other variants like MyMusicTab, MyDrivingTab, and InternetSpeedTab normally arrives as part of software bundles. This is a free program commonly labeled as freeware. Users are innocent on the characteristics of most freeware and how it brings danger to the computer. It is a fact that sets of programs, add-on, extensions, and even adware may be the content of freeware. This remains undisclosed to user until all are properly setup on the computer. Therefore, most victims are alarmed to see various programs including MyRadioTab invading the computer and browser as well.
If you feel that MyRadioTab is causing too much annoyances due to issuances of excessive ads, you can follow the guide below to stop the adware from performing such deed. Also included on this page are effective anti-virus and anti-malware scanners that deletes MyRadioTab codes and other hidden malicious objects from the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for lp.myradiotab.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Aug. 14, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||Aug. 14, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Aug. 14, 2016|
How to Remove MyRadioTab
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall MyRadioTab
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove MyRadioTab, My Radio Tab, or Upside Innovations entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MyRadioTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted MyRadioTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of MyRadioTab on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove MyRadioTab from Google Chrome
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with MyRadioTab. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Deleting MyRadioTab Extension
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete MyRadioTab by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Go to Settings window (chrome://settings). Under On Startup area, click Disable extension if MyRadioTab is present.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from MyRadioTab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Show advanced settings…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset Settings section.
5. Click on Reset Settings button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by MyRadioTab. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also download Software Removal Tool from this page. A stand-alone reset tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.