MyMusicTab is deemed as adware that claims to give user an access to hundreds of online radio stations. This adware is compatible and works perfectly on Google Chrome browser. Apart from giving you new tab, MyMusicTab also dominates default search engine by replacing the current settings with a questionable one. Thus, both home page and search tool will initialize on Musictabsearch.com.
This browser redirect issue causes by MyMusicTab should not be taken for granted. It may reroute your internet traffic towards malicious web sites that may lead to virus or malware infection. Therefore, it is vital to remove MyMusicTab adware from the computer as soon as possible.
Shareware and certain free applications is commonly the carrier of MyMusicTab. You may obtain these free programs from a number of doubtful web sites. Keep in mind that downloading and installing free app can cause PUP to enter the computer. Not only that, MyMusicTab may also be packed alongside worthy programs and tools to spread it quickly over the internet. So, to ensure that your copy of free software is clean, download only from reputable and official web sites.
If the annoying ads by MyMusicTab is seen on the computer, we can assume that it is compromised with potentially unwanted program (PUP). In such cases, scan the system with effective anti-malware tool immediately. Follow the removal procedures below to ensure that you will eliminate MyMusicTab and other harmful adware from the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for lp.mymusictab.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Aug. 01, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||Aug. 01, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Aug. 01, 2016|
How to Remove MyMusicTab
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall MyMusicTab
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove MyMusicTab, My Music Tab, or Upside Innovations entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MyMusicTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted MyMusicTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of MyMusicTab on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove MyMusicTab from Google Chrome
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with MyMusicTab. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Deleting MyMusicTab Extension
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete MyMusicTab by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Go to Settings window (chrome://settings). Under On Startup area, click Disable extension if MyMusicTab is present.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from MyMusicTab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by MyMusicTab. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.