MyInternetSpeedTab or My Internet Speed Tab extension is an appealing internet speed test tool that many computer users were enticed to download. However, some security professionals who diagnosed this tool found some irregularities. Once MyInternetSpeedTab is installed, other adware that arrives with it similarly loads into the computer unknown to user. Thus, it was placed under the category of potentially unwanted program or Adware. While an allied questionable search tool called Internetspeedtabsearch.com, is dubbed as browser hijacker.
On its official web site, MyInternetSpeedTab claims to be one-click solution for troubleshooting and testing your internet connection. User may also acquire the adware from several advertisements put up online to promote this tool. These ads will pop-up if you happen to visit a dubious web site giving warning on your internet speed problem. Then, a suggestion to test your internet connection using MyInternetSpeedTab will follow.
PMyInternetSpeedTab also comes bundled with various freeware and shareware. In this instance, you may get the adware by installing programs typically offered by suspicious web sites and providers. By installing the free, you are also allowing other bundled products to load including MyInternetSpeedTab.
Right now, My Internet Speed Tab extension works only on Google Chrome browser. We still do not know if the publisher is interested to attack other known browsers like Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari. All we know is that there are several copies of this adware that share the same intent. These related products includes MyDrivingTab and MyEmailTab.
During the presence of MyInternetSpeedTab, the adware itself is not the only risk that user has to face. This adware also comes with internet cookies that monitor web browsing activities on the affected browser. Therefore, it is critical to carry out anti-malware and anti-virus scan on the computer to eliminate all threats.
Online Security Scanner Report for lp.myinternetspeedtab.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 24, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 24, 2016|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: July 24, 2016|
MyInternetSpeedTab Removal Guide
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall MyInternetSpeedTab
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove MyInternetSpeedTab or Upside Innovations entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MyInternetSpeedTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove MyInternetSpeedTab Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted MyInternetSpeedTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of MyInternetSpeedTab on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove MyInternetSpeedTab
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with MyInternetSpeedTab. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from MyInternetSpeedTab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Show advanced settings…‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset browser settings button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed MyInternetSpeedTab extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to MyInternetSpeedTab.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. MyInternetSpeedTab should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by MyInternetSpeedTab and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.